Wednesday, 28 May 2014

Beside the sea !

Hello and welcome to today's post and a special welcome to my new followers glad to have you along ! The project I'm sharing with you today is my DT piece for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team. The lovely Nancy is our host for this challenge and she has chosen Vintage Seaside.


The story I had in my head that gave me the idea for this tag was a notice board with postcards pinned to them. This one is from an old friend long since gone and the edges are starting to curl from age.
I started by cutting the tag shape from white card and then stencilling on the background using Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Inks. I then used the TCW Bingo stencil with Wendy Vecchi's Crackle Paste that I'd mixed with Cornflower Blue re-inker. I die cut the lattice piece using the Tim Holtz die and blended more Distress ink over it.


I then used different post mark stamps on the background using Watering Can Archival ink, these could probably have been the places that this friend visited on her travels. The 'wish you were here' image is by Crafty Individuals and the buildings are by Artistic Outpost. Both have been stamped with black Archival ink and then distressed around the edges and DI blended over them too. The little Eiffel Tower charm has had South Pacific Fresco Finish paint dabbed on it and the ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed using Peacock Feathers Distress Stain.


As this post card has been on the notice board for some time the flowers that are pinned there too are also ageing. This gave me the opportunity to have a go at the Faux Tea Roses that are in Tim Holtz's latest Compendium of Curiosities III. The method for making these flowers are in Tim's book so I won't go in to it here, but I did have to have a couple of goes before I got it right !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

I'm also entering this tag into the Compendium of Curiosities III Challenge which is Faux Tea Roses.


14 comments:

  1. Such a clever idea to create a 'noticeboard' look with those frameworks and the beautiful postcards. And of course the roses finish it all off perfectly. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tag Sue, love that you've used it 'landscape'. Great images, nice texturing and the pop of colour in the roses sets it all off. Fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful tag sue - love the images and the contrasting tea roses look wonderful. cx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Sue fabulous vintage seaside make
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous tag with great elements. Wonderful choice of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant tag Sue, love how you put this together! Those stamps are so cool and your roses look stunning!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Sue! This tag is absolutely gorgeous! I love the story behind it and the beautiful colors. You have reached perfection with the roses!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tres chic! Love the pop of pink roses, and those images are wonderful! Great charm too! Thank you so much for joining in our rosy challenge at CC3C!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Love the roses and how they bring the whole tag to life! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Sue's Style! The tea roses are a lovely touch to the vintage feel of your tag. Thanks for playing CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous tag, Sue. Love those vintage images and your color scheme. Of course, the roses are perfection. Sometimes practice DOES make perfect. Thanks for playing along in the CC3 Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your red roses look lovely with the green/blue of the rest of your beautiful tag Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the vintage postcard look and you nailed it, great roses too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your artwork. The color is perfect for the sea, and I am going to definitely have to try the past through a stencil. Thanks for the inspiration

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!