Saturday, 31 May 2014

Happy Birthday Mum !

Today is a very special day as it's my Mum's birthday, and not only that but it's a very special birthday as Mum has reached a special age (which I will leave you to work out from the card below!)

Happy Birthday Mum 

 I decided to use an 8 x 8 inch card which is a great size as it gives you alot more scope for your design. I first of all cut a piece of white Smoothy card for the background and then painted it with watered down Antartic Fresco Finish paint. I then used the TCW Paradise stencil again with Antartic FF, then started to build up the layers of stencilling using the TCW Retro Bursts stencil and the Prima Rose stencil.


I stamped the vertical panel using the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Dashes stamp with Cornflower Blue Archival ink and also blended the same ink around the edges. The trellis is die cut using the Tim Holtz Trellis die. The large flowers are from the Wendy Vecchi SiSi set and I've stamped them on to card painted with Lake Wanaka FF. I then stamped some script over the flowers and cut them out and added a little painted bead to the centre.


The gorgeous vintage frame is by Creative Expressions and the image is from the Tim Holtz Lost and Found paper set. I then filled the frame with Ice Resin which really finished it off beautifully. The lock and carved rose are both by Melissa Frances and I've just lightly dabbed some Lake Wanaka FF over them. The leaves are die cut using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery die and I've blended Cornflower Blue Archival ink over them. The number in the arrangement is from the Prima Mechanicals set.


The little crown is also by Melissa Frances and I've dabbed a little FF over it and then lightly rubbed it with White Fire Treasure Gold.


The beautiful butterfly is another Melissa Frances product and again I've lightly dabbed some FF around the edges and down the centre.


I chose this sentiment as I thought it best reflected my Mum's outlook on life. It's by Wendy Vecchi from the Forever Art set and I've stamped it with black Archival ink then blended Cornflower Blue Archival ink around the edge. I think the hardest thing on this card was adding the swirls of pearls, they are so fiddly !

I'm hoping the sun will show it's face this afternoon as we're having a family gathering, including photos, so I have everything crossed ! I hope you enjoy your week end !


7 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card for your mum Sue! So many things to like and admire, but isn't that butterfly just gorgeous!!! Oh, I just worked out her age lol! Very clever.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!! Love the ice resin frame, lace and all those wonderful details. Beautiful colours, love this style. Happy Birthday to your mum, hope you all have a wonderful day! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope the weather holds for you Sue! Your Mum's card is stunning and I hope she has a wonderful birthday. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card! All the details are wonderful. I hope your mom has a wonderful birthday and many more!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your mum Sue - I bet she was thrilled to bits with this absolutely beautiful card. So much wonderful inking, stamping and stencilling topped of with beautiful embellishments. I love that Ice Resin oval framed picture in particular. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a beautiful card. I bet she loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!