Wednesday, 25 June 2014

Case it for Frilly and Funkie !

It's the start of the second week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge and that means it's time for the Funkie part of the DT to share their projects. Here's what the challenge is all about:

You need to base your card, tag, ATC, journal page or other project on one of Linda's Christmas 2013 tags but with a summer twist. You must include a link to the tag you've CASEd and make sure you say which elements you've used as your inspiration.


So, after much deliberation I decided to case Linda's bonus tag #2. I loved the simplicity of it but also the texture that she created on the outside.


I started by cutting my own tag from white card and folded it in half and then used Wendy Vecchi's white Embossing Paste with a Prima mask on either side of the fold.



I then started to build up colour using Fresco Finish paint., using lots of summery yellows and orange. I rubbed French Roast Fresco Finish around the edge for definition. I've used the gorgeous, curly border stamp from Wendy Vecchi's Beauty of Art stamp set and stamped it with Potting Soil Archival ink. The ribbon is seam binding that I've dyed with Distress Stains -Ripe Persimmon and Festive Berries. 


Inside the tag I gave it a coat of Matt Medium glue to protect it then blended some more Fresco Finish paint over it. I then used the Prima Checker stencil with Carnation Red and Potting Soil Archival ink. I've also used the Wendy Vecchi 3 Flourishes stencil with Orange Blossom Archival ink and the TCW Tiny Circles stencil with Tree Branch Archival ink. I then stamped the little bird from the Wendy Vecchi Licence Plate Art set with black Archival ink. The text is also from the same set, stamped onto card washed with some Fresco Finish paint.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


11 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant Sue, and I have to say, I like the inside as much as the outside! Such wonderful warm colours!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As soon as I saw this I knew exactly what you'd CASE'd and my goodness it looks superb! As a stencilling master you've weaved your magic and created such a special piece here. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this must be good casing sue as I clearly remember the tag you cased! Brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your twist, Sue! The texture and colors are stunning. Love the stencil work! Enjoy the day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a beautiful creation. Fabulous color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful use of stencils, gorgeous folded tag....inside and out and yummy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A fabulous take on the tag Sue. Gorgeous texture and colour as always xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWESOME take! Love the texture and colors! The inside is perfect with those Wendy words!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sue...hope you are well...it's a few weeks since my last visit and I have to say this is great :-) I love your take on Linda's tag ...fab texture and colours
    TFS and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue,
    I love your case of the bonus tag!! The way you have layered embossing, color, and stenciling is absolutely amazing! Now I want to case YOUR tag!!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delicious - this was one of my favourites of the Christmas tags, and your summery version is completely fabulous!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!