Saturday, 7 June 2014

Dabbling with Luminarte Silks

I found time to have a little play with my Luminarte Silk paints yesterday, I should really have been doing other things but they were calling to me !


I started with a piece of greyboard covered in white paper from PaperArtsy. I then used the TCW Paradise stencil with Grunge Paste. Once it was dry I then applied the Luminarte paints and while still wet I spritzed them with water. Loved the results, the paints blended beautifully ! I mixed Carmen with Olive Vine to create a gorgeous deep brown and used it around the edge. I then sanded the top of the Grunge Paste to make the centre a little lighter.


I did some stencilling using the TCW Onion Skin stencil and the Prima Checked stencil using the Luminarte paint. I then added a little stamping using one of the new Ellen Vargo stamps from the 06 set. The text is from the Lin Brown 05 set, and I've stamped it onto Smoothy card that I've painted with Carmen and Ginger Peach. I cut the text into separate words and then mounted them onto pieces of mount board.



I painted the metal flower with Carmen and Boysenberry and the metal pieces below have been brushed with Ginger Peach.


I painted a small mulberry paper rose with Carmen and mounted it onto the metal embellishment. To finish I rubbed some Renaissance Treasure Gold around the edges.

Hope you like my first dabble with Luminarte's I will definitely be using them again.....soon !


24 comments:

  1. Oh Sue. it's beautiful, love those colours and the filigree motif you've built up is just gorgeous. They are rather yummy paints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue this is a stunning creation, I've seen these paints and thought I didn't need anymore paints, you've made me realise I do!
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this gorgeous. The colours are so vibrant. Really love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tag Sue - and those Luminarte Silks are just so vibrant and stunning. I love your colour combination and all the layers. I bought some from AFTH last weekend - tried to resist, but what the heck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is wonderful sue - just ordered some silks - can't wait to play now I've seen this xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you've had a wonderful play, a fantastic piece of art. Ít's great that you took the time to create this tag ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Sue, beautiful vibrant colours and wonderful texture and layers. Looks like you had great fun with these paints xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so beautiful Sue...you always have a great eye for colour and style. These stencils look great too.
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I may be tempted to open my jars of the paint now that I have seen your gorgeous tag Sue! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue...your Luminarte Silk Paint tag is amazing! I have not seen these but WOW, what beautiful results! I love the colors and the fact that you have created a wonderful embossed background with stencils. The raised patterns just seem to melt into the tag. Thank you for the sweet comment on my blog, too! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  11. This tag is beautiful, Sue! The colors are wonderful. I love Silks and you've used them so effectively.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning Tag Sue - gorgeous colours.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sue your tag is fabolous. LOVE these colors ! Love the color combo, the texture, your stencils choices. The way you finished your filigree metal pieces is also just an eye-catcher !!!! Oh gosh... Love it all !!
    Thanks a lot for sharing this !!
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous Sue! I've just got some Silks but daren't open them yet as I've got so much to do! Had a play with the interference colours at Finnabair's work shop. They are amazing too xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking brilliant Sue, great colour combination and fabulous use of all those stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous Sue, fab effects! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Sue! the colors on this are wonderful! and I love all of the texture you've created - just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glorious - so glad you had a play! Loving the Luminartes... and now you've tempted me to go and have a play too (so much else I should be doing!).
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy...absolutely gorgeous, rich colors and all that delish texture!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the way you have used opposite colours next to each other. It works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous tag Sue! The colors are lovely and I especially love the tag topper and how you painted it with the Luminarte!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, this is truly beautiful! I love the rich vibrant colours you have used.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!