Tuesday, 24 June 2014

eclectic Paperie and Add a Little Dazzle Blog Hop - Day 2


Welcome to Day 2 of our exciting blog hop. We have been busy playing with our new products and are having lots of fun! Yesterday we had an exciting line up of designers who showcased eclectic Paperie Products and Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets.  Today the inspiration continues with more amazing projects. It’s so much fun to see all the beautiful creations and we are excited to share another exciting day with you. Go ahead and come on in to Day 2 of our blog hop and make sure to enter for a chance to win an amazing prize.


First we’d like to share a little bit about the two companies…

eclectic paperie 
eclectic Paperie is a different breed of craft store, conceived as more than just a place where you can purchase supplies, we believe in the strength of collaboration, in coming together and sharing with like-minded crafters. Our goal is to offer a mixed media marketplace where a generation of artists can congregate, explore, imagine, and inspire one another.

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and Add a Little Dazzle Blog Hop

We specialize in an exclusive line of craft metal sheets that helps you take your crafting to the next level. Whether you are a seasoned or new crafter, our craft metal sheets will help you create unique projects that will make you stand out among the crowd. Are you ready to take your crafting to the next level? Add a Little Dazzle Craft Metal Sheets will help you turn the ordinary into the extraordinary.

Prize Alert!

Make sure to stop by and visit each of the Design Team Blogs for a chance to win 1 of 2 prize packages from eclectic Paperie and Add a Little Dazzle  valued at $25.  You have until Friday, June 27th to enter.  The winners will be announced on both blogs on Saturday, June 28th.  You must leave a comment on all blogs.


So onto my project !


I've been wanting to use a Ten Seconds Studio mold that I've had for ages so when my metal arrived I knew where I was headed ! Unfortunately, I don't have step x step photos for this project as time was tight and I needed to get it finished in time. The frame is just an ordinary wooden one and I've removed the glass then painted it with Stone Fresco Finish paint. I dried the paint then added a coat of Crackle Glaze and once that was dry dabbed Moccha Mousse Fresco Finish paint over the top with Cut 'n' Dry foam. I sanded a little of the top layer off and then used a little French Roast Fresco Finish around the corners.


I used a piece of the Precious Pearl metal and used the Ten Seconds Studio mold,  when  I had finished refining it I then painted the detail using Luminarte Silk paints. I decided the metal looked too clean against the shabby frame so I used a baby wipe and lightly wiped some paint around the painted detail.


The flower is made using Tim Holtz' Tattered Floral die, I cut 4 large flowers 2 from Brushed Bronze and 2 from Brushed Copper. I then cut 2 more one of each colour using the smaller flower on the same die. I then embossed them using the Tim Holtz folder from the honeycomb set. Then I rubbed Timber Stazon ink over the raised surface. The centre of the flower is made by die cutting the small flower and then using scissors to cut thin strips toward the centre of the flower. The result is that the metal naturally curls up ! I used the Tim Holtz Garden Greens die for the foliage and cut it from the Brushed Bronze metal. The two words are from the Wendy Vecchi License Plate Art set and are stamped with black Archival onto white card that I've lightly brushed with paint.

I hope you can join us on our blog hop !

23 comments:

  1. AWESOME project! That mold is very fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That flower is spectacular! I love all of the texture in your project! Awesome job! :-) Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty framed project Sue! Your flower and stems are marvelous! love the embossing on the metal and the wonderful depth of the bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific!!! I just love the use of mold and metal sheets. This is truly a master piece!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful picture. What a treat that would be for a gift. Thanks loads,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the way these pieces came together. This gave me the inspiration I needed to attack a project that I have been hiding from for a while. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing. Your flower is spectacular. I love how you work with the metal. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is beautiful. Love how you used the metal.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue - I loved all of the projects along this blog hop, but I think that I loved yours the very most! Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue this is very interesting. Lovely and beautifully done. Would love a video or pictures of your "mold" process. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very hippie chic!!!! like so much!!! thanks for share!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous project Sue! Love the embossed pattern and the colours you've used x

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is just fun! Love the colors and all that texture! Amazing details!

    Chris R. from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have that molding mat too. I t looks awesome in your piece. I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous Sue, just love that funky design xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, what a wonderful project - it looks like summer at it's best. I like the dimensional look, too!
    hugs serafeena

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!!! What a lot of time and effort put into this piece. We'll worth every minute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just Amazing, Sue! LOVE the mold, your painting, and that FAB flower!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An absolutely stunning make Sue...must find out more about those metal sheets

    TFS and best wishes Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unbelievably cool - from those fabulous moulds to the textured flower - this is outstanding!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!