Thursday, 5 June 2014

Fabric ATB !

Today see's the start of the next ePlay challenge over at eclectic Paperie. A huge thank you to everyone who participated in last month's challenge, we had a massive response and the art work was awesome !

So, onto this month's challenge which is all about fabric ! All you need to do is include fabric on your project to join in the fun.


I really wanted another go at making an ATB so decided to combine this challenge with my next one. I used some sewing bondaweb, which you iron, to glue some white cotton fabric to the ATB pieces.



I then used the same thing to glue the netting to 2 sides and the lid. Once it was well secured I then painted the panels with Vintage Lace Fresco Finish paint. I let the fabric overlap as I wanted a shabby chic look.


I dried the paint thoroughly then did some stencilling using the TCW Paradise stencil and the Tim Holtz Measured stencil using Spanish Mulberry Fresco Finish Paint.


I die cut the dress form using the Tim Holtz mini die from Honeycomb paper. I've then rubbed some Potting Soil Archival ink over it. The words are from the Wendy Vecchi Fashion Style and Art set. I 've stamped them with Potting Soil Archival ink and mounted them onto pieces of mount board to add dimension. I glued a little piece of fabric Washi Tape to the panel and added some buttons and embellishments. The feet that you can just about see, are bottle caps that I've painted with Vintage Lace Fresco Finish paint.


You can see more clearly on the back panel the stencilling and also the stamping that I've done. I've used the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Dashes stamp and also a PaperArtsy script stamp using Tree Branch Archival ink and added buttons down the centre.



On the lid I added an extra piece of braid and painted the metal flower with Vintage Lace Fresco Finish. I then added the drawer handle as I wanted a way of opening the lid.


I painted the inside and stencilled it before I assembled the box. I used Vintage Lace Fresco Finish paint and stencilled using the TCW Paradise stencil with Spanish Mulberry Fresco Finish paint.

I hope you get cahnce to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

14 comments:

  1. LOVE this idea Sue!!! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is absolutely STUNNING, I am off to pin it! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is beautiful Sue - absolutely love it! Hugs rachel xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Sue! I adore the fabric and lace elements. The honey comb dress form is stunning on this ATB!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm catching up... a week without being in blogland. You've been very busy and creative, so many wonderful pieces to see.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sue, I love how you have covered your ATB with fabric and I adore your dressform . Lovely. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo la la ! Gorgeously vintage and feminine ! Love your ATB Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea to cover the box in fabric and lace Sue! Love the handle to open and bottle cap feet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW ... so very creative...love this ATB; great stenciling idea; fun embellishments ... drawer handle, bottle cap feet ... so very fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my giddy aunt Sue...stunning art!!
    Sending big hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, Sue - what a brilliant stroke to create your ATB with the gorgeous vintage fabrics - I love it!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what a gorgeous project. I love all the embellishments, especially that flower.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I love your 3D dress form and your metal pieces rock sweetie!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!