Wednesday, 11 June 2014

One for the men !

It's time for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team to share their projects for the current challenge which the lovely Jenny is hosting. With Father's Day fast approaching now's the time to make something for the special men in our lives.


When I saw Liesbeth Fidder's recent project over at PaperArtsy I fell in love with the colours she'd used. These aren't exactly the same as I didn't have all of the colours but I like how they came out ! I started by putting Distress Inks - Salty Ocean, Mowed Lawn, Broken China and Tea Dye on my craft sheet and then added a little Gathered Twigs Distress Stains and Wild Honey re-inker. Spritzed it all with water and pressed some Smoothy card onto the ink. I didn't move it around too much as I didn't want to cover the whole card.



I then did some stencilling using the Prima Checked stencil with Salty Ocean DI and then I used the TCW Onion Skin stencil with Gathered Twigs DI. I did more stencilling but didn't get another photo !


I used the Tim Holtz Trellis die and cut it from some left over card that I'd pressed into the inks. I used the Tim Holtz Merchantile stamp set (seems to be a favourite at the moment!) and stamped some text onto two cut out pieces from the trellis and then glued them back into place and I stamped the word Dad onto another piece and mounted it onto a foam pad.


I stamped the ink bottle and the hand from the same stamp set and cut them out, mounting the hand on some foam pads.



The main image is again from the same set and I stamped him first onto the card and then I used a black Portfolio oil pastel around the edge of the stamped image and smudged it with my finger to create a shadow. I then stamped the image again onto a separate piece of card and cut it out. I blended a little Gathered Twigs DI around the edge and then mounted it on some foam pads over the top over the first stamped image. I added a number brad and cogs and some buttons to finish.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, there's still a week to go, and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work !


11 comments:

  1. Oh goodness I love this Sue! Layer after layer of yummy texture and colour that work perfectly with the stamped images. LOVE IT! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the colours on this, loved Liesbeths original and didn't get a chance to play but this is another inspirational piece. Can't say what I like most because I love it all, wonderful Sue, thanks.
    P.S loved the last yummy brown post too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wundervoll, ganz großes Kino :-)

    Sophie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your version of this piece, you've inspired me to go get stuck into my Father's Day card(s).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the gorgeous background and the stencilling looks amazing and creates so much depth to your very beautiful card! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this piece is fantastic. Love the colours and textures. Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a breathtaking piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh my goodness Sue - this is awesome - I love it! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just delightful Sue and perfect for that special man in our lives xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, love this one Sue, great layering, fab imagery. Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh yum... I love those layers of bold colour in the background, and how they suddenly become really dramatic once the stamped images are in place. Beautiful use of the Frameworks too - this is a joy, Sue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!