Sunday, 1 June 2014

Only Men Allowed

Today is the first day of the new challenge at Country View Crafts and as you've probably guessed from the title we're focussing on projects for men this time around.



I was fortunate to attend a Tim Holtz workshop last year where we made a tag book, so thought I would give it another go. I started by die cutting 5 tags using the Tim Holtz Book Plate and Tag die. I then put Distress Stains, Peacock Feathers, Salty Ocean and Gathered Twigs on my craft mat, spritzed them with water and 'swooshed' the tags through the ink. I love the teal colour that resulted from mixing these colours.


I had some left over pieces from using the Trellis die so I used the same colours in Distress Inks and blended them over the pieces. I glued them in to place and then stamped the text from the Tim Holtz Mercantile stamp set. The main image is also from this set and is stamped with black Archival ink.


I've used the Tim Holtz Shattered Stencil with Wendy Vecchi's black embossing paste on the left hand page above and when it was dry I rubbed Renaissance Treasure Gold over it. On the right hand page I've used the TCW Onion Skin stencil with Gathered Twigs Distress Ink. The sentiment is by Tim Holtz and is a wood mounted stamp that I've had for ages.



I used the TCW Cubist stencil with the same paste and Treasure Gold on the left hand page above. I've used the Mercantile stamp set on the right hand page and also stencilled using the TCW Onion Skin and Cubist stencils with Gathered Twigs DI.



I've used the Tim Holtz Measured stencil on the left hand page above with the same embossing paste and Treasure Gold. On the right hand page I've used the TCW Paradise stencil with Gathered Twigs DI. Then I've used the Trellis die and on two of the left over pieces I've used Wendy Vecchi's Crackle paste and then I've rubbed some DI over them. The ticket is one that I lifted from the first book I made and I've added a compass coin.


For these pages I've used the Tim Holtz Splatters stencil and the Mercantile stamp set. The photo of the man is from the Lost and Found paper set and I've added a couple of Chit Chat stickers.


On the back of the last tag I've stamped the numbers stamp from the Mercantile set with black Archival ink. I've used the Ruler Binding to hold the tags together and brushed Peacock Feathers Distress Stain over it.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog to check out the fabulous projects from the rest of the DT.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag book Sue! Love the colours and textures on this wonderful make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing tag book Sue - brilliant xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scrumptious colours and stamping - what a brilliant tag book, Sue!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A superb interpretation of last year's tag book it brings back so many memories and inspires so many ideas. Love it! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrific tag book, so beautifully created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tag booklet is absolutely stunning Sue, I love the colours, the stencilling is superb - this is a mini masterpiece! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tag book, the colours and details look amazing.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful colours and textures on this, YUMMY, it's a fabulous tag book Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Sue,
    Your little Tag booklet is very interesting,with the different stencils to create different effects, a great keepsake.
    I am so looking forward to working alongside you.
    Smiles:)
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous tag book,love all the stenciling and texture.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful tag book Sue, love the colour as much as the texturing. Fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!