Wednesday, 23 July 2014

Cool water !

I'm back today to share my DT project for Frilly and Funkie where the lovely Rebecca has chosen the theme of Cool Water. This can be any kind of water from a drop to an ocean ! When I saw this theme the song from Bambi popped into my head, Drip, Drip, Drip Little April Showers so that's where this journey started.



I decided to do a journal page and started by giving it a coat of Gesso, then I scribbled over it in patches using my Portfolio pastels. Blending the colours together with my finger but leaving some white space too. I then used Wendy Vecchi's From the Garden stencil and rubbed a baby wipe over the large flower. As Porfolio's react to liquid the baby wipe removes the colour.


Unfortunately, I got carried away with the process and didn't take another photo before the end ! I carried on building up the stencilling using Wendy Vecchi's 3 Flourishes stencil and also using the flower again from the From the Garden stencilv using Fresco Finish paints. I used the Prima Checker stencil around the edge to frame it and also the TCW Onion Skin stencil.


I hand drew the drops and then used the black Portfolio pastel to draw around the shape and blended the colour out a little using my finger. I added a little white drop on each one using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. I used a Sharpie pen to write the words and a white Posca pen to highlight some of the letters. I decided it needed a little something extra so I stencilled some numbers and also used the Wendy Vecchi Dots and Dashes background stamp using Cornflower Blue Archival ink.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fantastic projects !


11 comments:

  1. April and it's showers seem a long time gone but this is such a beautiful reminder Sue. Love those large raindrops! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful journal pages love your hand drawn droplets.
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page Sue and I love how you finished off those beautiful drops. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really a very cooling page... love it... I really love the way you put the border around the edges... love that look.. Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Sue, love this page with it's gorgeous cool water colours! The water drops look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue this page is gorgeous. I love the colours and your raindrops are inspired! Fantastic! Jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great page, love the how you've drawn around the drops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fabulous page Sue. Love the colours and design. The hand drawn element looks amazing too.

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! My favorite color, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, this is absolutely stunning! I was mesmerized reading what you did to make this, it is gorgeous! ~Diane

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic "watery" layers... I love the Portfolios over the gesso - gives great texture to the colours. Lovely!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!