Wednesday, 9 July 2014

Summer Heat !

It's the start of the second week for the current challenge at Frilly and Funkie which is Summer Heat. I'm the host for this challenge and we want to see warm colours, so think red, orange and sunshine yellow ! As an added twist you need to include a summer bloom on your project.



I started by covering some white card with Portfolio pastels, blending the colours together with my finger.


I then used Wendy Vecchi's Polka Dotty stencil and rubbed over it with a baby wipe. As the Portfolio pastels react with water the baby wipe bleaches the colour.


I then used the Wendy Vecchi Layered Flower stencil with Tango Fresco Finish paint. Then did some stamping using Orange Blossom Archival ink.


I then stamped over the background using Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. 


I then cut a piece of cardboard and ripped the top layer off in a few places. Then I spread some Wendy Vecchi Crackle Paste over it and when it was dry I rubbed  Archival ink, Dandelion, Orange Blossom and Carnation Red over the top. 


I had a piece of the background card left over so I stamped the image from the Wendy Vecchi Approved Art set. The image slightly smudged but I quite liked it.  The sentiment is from the True Art set. 


I die cut several flowers from Crinoline using the Tim Holtz Tattered Flowers then I painted them with watered down Fresco Finish paint. I added a vintage button the centre. 

I hope you've got chance to join us for this challenge.


15 comments:

  1. Truly a feast for the eyes Sue. LOVE the beautifully patterned background, the altered cardboard layer (almost a shame to cover it!) and the wonderful flowers. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did create the most wonderful background Sue and the cardboard layer is stunning, so glad you showed it and I just love the beautiful flower! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so very pretty!
    love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card! Love the background you created and both flowers look gorgeous in their own way!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this card, Sue! I love the colors and the backgrounds are fantastic and the flower is perfect on the card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue... Oh noooo.. You are taking my breath away. Just LOVE and adore your card !!! So vibrant colors yet still elegant !! And love your tutorial as well. You make it sound so easy.... ( suppose it is. Just take the time to play ). But so nice to hear exactly how you made this very pretty card !!!!!
    Thanks a LOT for sharing..
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful summer colours, its a gorgeous project.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is another stunner Sue. You've created a gorgeous background as your starting point and the layers are just beautiful. Fab! Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Utterly fabulous - the colours are on fire, and that crackled panel is a wonderful layer. Brilliant!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning card Sue and I love the colours and layers you have created. Adore those stamps

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous background, and love the dots! What a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is just so pretty!
    love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Wow! Wow!
    Wunder-wunderschön :-)

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!