Tuesday, 19 August 2014

Jumbo tag and a farewell !

Today I'm sharing my second DT piece for Country View Crafts and it will also be my last. It's time to move on, I've enjoyed my time at CVC but there are other things brewing and I need to make time for them.

So, on to today's piece which is a jumbo tag !



I started by covering the tag with a piece of fabric. I then gave the whole thing a wash of watered down Tikka Fresco Finish paint.



I then used various stencils building up the background. The two words are made using a JOFY stencil and Grunge Paste. When the paste was dry I replaced the stencil and used Renaissance Treasure Gold and brushed it over the letters.


I used a fine detail brush and added a shadow to the letters using Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint.


The small tag is also covered with fabric and I've used Lin Brown's 006 stencil with Grunge Paste to create the leaves.


The flower is made using the Tim Holtz Tattered Florals die and I've cut it from Grunge Paper that I've also covered with fabric. I've then used Claret Fresco Finish paint over the fabric, the pattern on the fabric can still be seen as the paint is translucent.



The small flower in the centre is resin and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paint and brushed Renaissance Treasure Gold over the top. The two leaves are wooden and I've sponged Freco Finish paint over them.

There's still time for you to join in with this month's challenge of Word Play, I hope you get chance to join us !



16 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous tag! good luck in your new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning tag (or rather tags) Sue!! I love the idea of covering them in fabric and the way the large flower was done looks totally amazing!! A glorious last contribution to CVC, you will be missed!!! Wishing you all the very best for your next steps, - I would not be surprised if that involves paper Artsy in some way, you work magic with their products!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful summer tag Sue. I'm sure you'll be missed and look forward to seeing what the future now holds... Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, gorgeous Sue! Love the rich colours and the way those words just leap off the tags! Like Jenny says, I think you will be missed but so looking forward to seeing what the future holds for you! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning make Sue and, as has been previously said, a glorious exit to the CVC DT. I'm sad to see you leave but, whatever your future holds, I wish you every success and happiness. Thank you for all your hard work, don't forget us! >:o) Chris xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous rag and so many interesting details to looks at.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many fabulous elements to this make Sue. Love the gorgeous colours and techniques. Your projects are so inspiring and I wish you well on your creative journey....you will certainly be missed

    TFS and crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sue it is an amazing piece of work thanks for the how too

    ReplyDelete
  9. stunning work Sue - I love the colours - looking forward to seeing what you move onto! Hugs Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous tags Sue, love the use of fabric! Gorgeous colours and the flowers are stunning, looking forward to your next adventure.... Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. A stunning tag Sue. We shall miss you at CVC - best wishes for your new adventures x

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did you adhere the material to the paper? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a way to say goodbye! Your tag is gorgeous. To tell you the truth I don' have the right word or words to tell you just how beautiful your tag is.
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sue you are always creating such stunning things with us. Gosh this is fabulous as well. Love that you used fabric to cover both tags. Love the way you created the words, the leaves, and the flowers.... They are more than stunning. As far as I can see you combined the die cut flower parts with some filigree metal flower shapes.. Is that right ?? They are AWESOME and so elegant ! And of course your vibrant colors impressed me as well !! Hope to see your fab work around allthough this was a goodbye post ??? I would miss the inspiration from you if I did'nt see any more of it. You are truly a very talented artist who has so much to share. I'm grateful for all what I've learned from you.
    Sending hugs from SPAIN
    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous tag, wonderful colours and texture , so eye catching . Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I'm receiving I've had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!