Wednesday, 6 August 2014

Vintage Flight Journal

It's time for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie team to share our projects for the current challenge which is Vintage Travel, chosen by the lovely Nancy.


I decided to make a project with a male theme and used the lovely Artistic Outpost stamps. I started with two pieces of chipboard and used a Dylusions stencil and Wendy Vecchi's white Embossing Paste. While the stencil was still in place I used the little script stamp from the French Flight set and stamped into the paste.


When the paste was dry I started to layer up Fresco Finish paint. I started with orange shades and worked my way towards brown shades. I then did some stencilling using the Prima Checker stencil, TCW Onion Skin and Diamonds using French Roast Fresco Finish. The images are from the Artistic Outpost French Flight set and I've used Potting Soil Archival ink. All of the embellishments have been coated with black Fresco Finish paint and I then brushed some Onyxite Treasure Gold over them, including the metal corners.



The little balloon is from the Paris Exposition set and I've used Potting Soil Archival ink for this too. I wanted this journal to have the feeling and show signs of being well used so I added some thumb prints where the owner will have opened the journal without washing his hands from the oily work in his workshop.


I kept the back of the journal quite simple using the same colours and stencils.


I used the Tim Holtz Splatter stencil with black Fresco Finish to add some splats to resemble the sort of mark you'd find if you'd put the journal down on some oil.


 I lined inside the covers with card that I'd stamped with the ledger Artistic Outpost stamp using Potting Soil Archival ink. I rubbed some of the same ink over the pages, I don't think clean white pages would be found in a hot air balloon workshop!


I carried the finger prints through to the inside cover too, I had the vision of this journal being grabbed to make hurried notes when an idea struck !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulour projects.




10 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful cover to this journal Sue. I love the little touches like the inky fingerprints and the ledger lining. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jenny, a fabulous cover with all your special touches, -loe it, so full of vintage goodness and those AO stamps suit it o well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cover, I love the inside as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic journal cover, Jenny! I love the texture and the color. The story of it being a journal reached for when inspiration strikes is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cover, all that wonderful texture and the colours are so rich. Love the inside cover too. Yummy! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your journal cover is beautiful Sue, I love those gorgeous chocolate colour tones you have used and the texture looks very tactile. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic Vintage book covers, the colours look so rich.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. GREAT Journaling book... Love it... fantastic covers and love the texture going on all over the place... GREAT... Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your journal covers FANGdangTASTIC!!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous make with the most amazing details Sue. I love the colours and textures too.

    TFS
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!