Friday, 1 August 2014

Word Play !

It's the first of the month that must mean it's the start of a brand new challenge over at Country View Crafts. This month the challenge theme is Word Play, so we want to see you using words on your projects. I have taken the opportunity, yet again, to finish off a project started at one of the lovely Lin Brown's classes. We had lots of fun trying out new products and the accompanying techniques.


These pages started out with lots of spritzing of Colour Bloom sprays. If you've not used these sprays before they are a relatively new product from Prima. They have a wonderful sparkle to them and what's excellent is that you can refill the bottle to extend the life. I've used the JOFY flower stencil with Grunge Paste and when it was dry I've used Inktense pencils on them. I have definitely fallen in love with these ! I can see a purchase on the horizon ! The colours are fantastic and as the name suggests they are so intense too !


We also got to play with Gelatos, these are great for adding a shadow around your embossed items and they also blend together really well. I also did some stamping using the Ellen Vargo stamps with Cornflower Blue Archival ink.


The tag started out as the sample for experimentation but I rather liked the colours so added some more stamping and a couple of embellishments. I've used the Gelatos again around the tag to add a shadow. I used a lid from a hair mousse tin and Fresco Finish paint and pressed onto the pages to create the circles. To make the text pop a little more I've mounted all of the words onto mount board creating little tiles and then dabbed some more Fresco Finish paint around the edges with cut 'n' dry foam.

Journalling is something I never thought I would find enjoyable, how wrong could I be !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the main blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.


14 comments:

  1. What a fabulous page, Sue - I love everything about it... you DO need some Inktense pencils, I just wish I had splurged on a bigger tin!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page,love the colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your page looks absolutely amazing!!! The colours really pop - beautiful journaling! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this spread, Sue. The colors are beautiful. The textures are great and I love the idea of using colored pencils on the dry paste. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic journal pages. The colours and textures look great.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely, inspiring and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely gorgeous work Sue, your stenciling is unsurpassed! What a gorgeous spread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sue, the greeny blue hues are lovely, great texture, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More fabulous journalling Sue. I need you to teach me how to use Inktense pencils sometime as the effects you get are superb. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Completely delicious blue greens, and fabulous use of all those exciting mixed media colours. I got some Inktense pencils as part of a prize, but haven't really played yet, and this is a definite kick to get going!

    Gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Completely delicious blue greens, and fabulous use of all those exciting mixed media colours. I got some Inktense pencils as part of a prize, but haven't really played yet, and this is a definite kick to get going!

    Gorgeous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your work blows me away! This is fabulous! The background has so much character with the colours and the stencilling and the flowers are just gorgeous! Amazing creation!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, wow, wow - such an amazing creation, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a gorgeous spread, Sue. LOVE how you've colored them and thanks for the reminder to use those pencils!!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!