I started by covering a piece of grey board or chipboard with Humungo double sided sticky sheets. I used my brayer to make sure that it was well and truly stuck.
I removed the backing from the sticky sheets then used a piece of fine cotton fabric and brayered it onto of the tape.
I gave the fabric a wash of watered down Fresco Finish paint, dried it off and then stencilled on top with Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. I've used Wendy Vecchi's 2 Fancy Flowers stencil, the 12 x 12 Prima rose stencil and a PaperArtsy stencil for the leaves.
I then decided that I didn't want all of the stencilling to be flat so I replaced the stencils over some of the images and used Wendy Vecchi's Embossing Paste. This now added a further dimension to the background. Once the paste was dry I brushed over the top with more watered down Fresco Finish paint, starting to build up the colour around the corners and edges.
I continued brushing paint on and blending it using the brush in a vertical movement, also starting to add more colours now.
I then die cut 3 arches using the Tim Holtz Movers and Shapers Sized Arches die. I taped them together across the back and then brushed watered down paint over them. I then used Wendy Vecchi's brick stencil and stencilled over the top using more Fresco Finish paint.
I then used the Wendy Vecchi's Vintage Floral stencil and stencilled over the bricks, I outlined the flower with a black Fudeball pen, which you'll see in a later photograph. I also stencilled the little bird from the same stencil, which again you'll see on a later photograph.
I did some more stencilling over the background before I started to added any embellishments and you can still see the first lot of stencilling as the paint acts as a resist to later layers.
The large flower has been made using the Tim Holtz Jumbo Tattered Floral die and I've die cut several shapes and then swiped Ripe Persimmon and Wild Honey Distress Stains on my craft mat, spritzed it with water before scrunching the flowers in the liquid. I left the shapes hanging over Distress Stain bottles while they dried so they would be in a cup shape ready for layering. The little flower you can see is by Melissa Frances and has been painted and the lock again is by Melissa Frances but this time I've brushed Treasure Gold over it.
The little butterfly and bird are by Melissa Frances and they've both been painted with Fresco Finish paint. The words have been created using the Tim Holtz Lower Case Block Talk die. I've die cut the letters from card board and then painted with Fresco Finish paints.
Here's the finished piece, the bird cage is a wooden Kaisercraft one that I've had for quite some time. I've painted it and the little plastic flowers are also painted with Fresco Finish paint.
I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge !