Saturday, 27 September 2014

Birthday season starts again !


September is the start of the majority of birthdays in my family, so I'm back today to share another card for one of my nieces.




I started by brayering various colours of Fresco Finish paint over some Kraft card.


I then used the Wendy Vecchi Basket Weave background stamp using Potting Soil Archival ink.


I've used one of the new Dina Wakley stencils with Inky Pool Fresco Finish paint.


I then used a PaperArtsy mini and an Artistic Stamper background stamp and stamped over the background using black Archivl ink.


I used a Prima stencil and spread Golden Gel Medium over it. I used this technique for a travel journal cover here, loved it so you may see this again soon !


When the glue was dry I then wiped Vanilla Fresco Finish over the top using a baby wipe.


I then made another panel this time I used Ripe Persimmon and Peacock Feathers Disrress Inks and stamped over it using a stamp from the Tim Holtz Mercantile set. Then I used a Stampin' Up embosssing folder and swiped embossing ink over the raised areas, sprinkled Wendy Vecchi Tree Branck embossing powder over the top and heated it.


The main image is a PaperArtsy stamp and I've stamped it onto card that I painted with Nougat Fresco Finish paint, I then painted in the background. 


The leaves and flowers are all Prima wooden embellishments and I've used Wendy Vecchi embossing powders to colour them. I've mixed 2 colours for the smaller flowers. Some lace and a metal corner embellishment to finish.

I've had a great day today as I've spent it in my craft room catching up on projects. Hope you've managed to get some crafty time today too !

2 comments:

  1. A fantastic background Sue and I love the stencilling. Great textures and the panel adds even more depth. Great stamped image. I am sure your card will be treasured. TFS and crafty hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww Sue, amazing background. Love the colors and the details!!!!

    Hugs,
    Ellen




    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!