Monday, 1 September 2014

Happy BIrthday !

Today is a very special day as it's my other half's birthday ! As you're reading this we will be in a cottage on the beautiful Isle of Skye off the west coast of Scotland.

I thought I would share one of the cards that I made for my other half and also use this as my eclectic Paperie DT piece too.


I started by dabbing Fresco Finish paint in Stone and Dusty Teal using cut 'n' dry foam.


I then used the TCW Quatrefoil Reversed stencil with more Dusty Teal Fresco Finish paint.



I then used the TCW Mini Specimen stencil with Chocolate Pudding Fresco Finish paint and also the Mini Kaleidoscope stencil with Stone Fresco Finish.


I cut a tag shape from a piece of card that I'd stamped with a stamp from Tim Holtz Classics 16 set using Potting Soil Archival ink. I then blended Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks around the edge.


The sentiment, pear and house type stamp are all from the same Classics 16 stamp set. The pear has been stamped using Fresco Finish paint onto blank paper from a book that's mounted onto card.


I've painted the embellishments with Dusty Teal Fresco Finish paint and also the seam binding ribbon with the paint watered down.

That's it from me today, there's some birthday cake to be sampled !

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful, different combination of colours Sue, really like this, so effective. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is gorgeous, love how you made the background.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue, your card is lovely. I hope your other half was very pleased. Thanks for sharing. jean.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the turquoise and browns! Gorgeous backgrounds! Who needs pattern paper anymore? Love this Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fantastic creation with wonderful layers. Great texture and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, hope you are having a good holiday.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!