Thursday, 16 October 2014

Halloween time !

We've zoomed through another 2 weeks which means today is the start of the next challenge at Artist Trading Post Exchange. The lovely Annie is our host for this challenge and she has chosen Halloween ! So, time to get a little spooky with us !


I started with one of the candle jars from ATP and gave it a coat of the Art Basics Clear Gesso. Then I used Ginger Peach, Spiced Pumpkin and Pretty Peridot Luminarte paint mixed with Spiced Pumpkin to make a lovely brown shade.


I then stamped over the jar using the cobweb and spider from the Tim Holtz Halloween Cut outs stamps set using black Archival ink. I coloured the lid using Alcohol inks, Butterscotch, Terracotta and Ginger.


To make the base I drew around a cake tin onto some mount board and used a craft knife to cut the shape out, then painted it with Fresco Finish Little Black Dress. The roses have been made from almost black card using the Jumbo Tattered Floral die and I've rubbed some Embossing Ink over them and sprinkled Wendy Vecchi's Orange Blossom embossing powder over them. The leaves are die cut using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery strip die and I've used Wendy Vecchi's Ferm Green embossing powder. The number 31 is die cut using the Tim Holtz Word Play die and the little charm is from ATP.


Here is the lantern in full glory ! I love the orange shade from the Luminarte paints !

I hope you get time to join us for some Halloween fun and do make sure you hop over to Artist Trading Post Exchange to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


6 comments:

  1. Fabulous lantern, specially like it when all lit up! Love also how you did the base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your lantern, Sue! The paint colors are wonderful and it looks so great when lit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Sue, this is so amazing! Love the spider web stamping and your flowers are gorgeous! The soft glow you achieved is just amazing, what a fabulous Halloween project! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this! The treatment you gave to the glass looks wonderful and those flowers are 'to die for' with Wendy's Embossing Powder on. I think I need to make one of these now! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love the tea light jar in all its glory. Those flowers look fantastic as well.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tea light Sue, but the roses are just stunning! Orange and black roses?.....Perfect. Never would have thought I'd want to buy VW orange embossing powder! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!