Wednesday, 1 October 2014

Time to get spooky !

It's time for the Funkie side of the Frilly and Funkie DT to share their projects today. The current challenge is being hosted by the lovely Nancy and she has chosen the theme A Haunting Halloween.


I decided to make a spooky lantern using the Tim Holtz Luminary die. I die cut the pieces from Kraft card and then blended Ripe Persimmon and Seedless Preserves Distress Inks over the pieces. I then used the Tim Holtz Shatter layering stencil with Watering Can Archival ink. I cut four pieces of vellum and used the same stencil and ink over them too.


I stamped the rat, pumpkin and skull from the Artistic Outpost Halloween set and blended Ripe Persimmon Distress Ink over the pumpkin and Watering Can Archival ink over the skull and rat. The text is also from the same set of stamps and is stamped with Watering Can Archival ink too.


The ivy has been cut from black card using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery strip die, I then wiped Embossing Ink over the pieces and sprinkled the lovely Wendy Vecchi's embossing powders Fern Green and Orange Blossom over them and heated them up ! I also wiped Embossing Ink around the edges of the lantern and sprinkled Watering Can embossing powder over the top. To finish I spritzed the whole thing with Cappuccino Perfect Pearls spray.

I had hoped to take a photo with a battery operated tea light inside but unfortunately the battery died !

I hope you get chance to join us for this spooky challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


7 comments:

  1. WOW! How good do those new embossing powders look on the ivy! And the stencilling on the luminary is perfect. What a treat! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant Sue, such a fabulous make and brilliant use of that lantern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, this totally brilliant, love your texture Ivy, colour choice and your spooky glass. Fantastic. Good luck with your new venture.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy wowsers! This is just spectacular, every detail is amazing! Love the textures! Fabulous Halloween make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a fantastic piece of art. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow, Sue! I love this luminary, and the die cut is going on my long wish list! Simply brilliant idea with the cobwebs on the vellum! I know this is going to be so extra spooky when you get that battery replaced! Thanks for sharing your lovely work with us!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!