Wednesday, 26 November 2014

A Gift from the Heart

It's the start of the second week for the current challenge over at Frilly and Funkie which is A Gift from the Heart and our host is the lovely Cec.


I came across this little frame when I was unpacking my craft room after our house move and thought it would be just the right thing for this challenge. I started by sanding it then giving it a coat of Snowflake Fresco Finish paint. I added some texture using the Wendy Vecchi Ornate Dots Overlay stencil and Embossing Paste.


While the paste was drying I used the Build a Blossom SiSi and stencilled the flowers using Fresco Finish paints then stamped the flower over the top and cut them out.


I then painted the frame using Fresco Finish paints gradually uysing darker colours over the textured areas. I then spritzed the frame with Picket Fence Spray Distress Stain.


I've used the Tim Holtz Ideaology Alphabet Soup Grunge Board letters to make the word and then painted the panel with Fresco Finish paints. I painted around the letters with a darker colour then blended the colour out using a babywipe.


To finish off I arranged the stencilled flowers around the frame.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.



4 comments:

  1. Beautiful transformation Sue! The addition of the picket fence spray is inspired, love the effect on the piece. Gorgeous choice of colours and of course the blending of paints that you do so well has resulted in a wonderful gift. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing transformation, Sue. The colors are gorgeous and I love the way you stenciled embossing paste along the edges to give it an aged textured feel. Terrific piece for our gift challenge!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the colours you've chosen for this Sue and that extra texture and the flowers really bring that frame to life. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sue! You've altered this frame so beautifully and love the flowers!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!