Sunday, 16 November 2014

Catching up !

I am long overdue sharing the photos from the Journal Journey class that I taught in October at Artist Trading Post. As yesterday was the day of my Altered Beer Mat class I thought I would kill two birds with one stone !


The Journal Journey class was also the first class in the new workshop and it was great to have lots of space !



This is Pam's beautiful cover, the texture and blend of colours really does look like leather !




Hazel took a completely different approach and used pastel shades, absolutely beautitful !


Sheila created a stunning red cover, my photo really doesn't do it justice !



Love how Sheila has added the words to the back too !


Marilyn created some lovely depth  on her cover.

Apologies to Ruth as I didn't manage to take a photo of her book, which was stunning too ! Everyone then did their own thing on a page inside and there was lots of playing, experimenting and laughing !

Yesterday I taught my Altered Beer Mats class and I was joined by 6 lovely ladies who worked very hard all day !



This is one of my samples, you can see all the details of how I made it here on the PaperArtsy blog. 


There was quite alot to do in this class, lots of stencilling, layering, stamping and painting !


Everyone managed to make all the components we just ran out of time to assemble it all together.


Pam chose a beautiful combination of colours and stencils and is just doing some dry brushing !


You can just about see here Jean and Di's beer mats, again some beautiful colours and combination of stencils being used.


So, that's my round up of my last 2 classes and also rounds off this year for my classes. I'll be back at ATP on the 29 November but this time I'm attending a Finnabair workshop, so really looking forward to that !


5 comments:

  1. There really is a lot more room not to move around, it looks good! Love what your ladies came up with, their journals are beautiful. Your PaperArtsy sample is fabulous too. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if everyone had great fun Sue. Fantastic Journal covers and the beer mats too. TFS. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic journal covers Sue and I love the altered beer mat.......looks like you all had so much fun x
    Enjoy Finnabair, unfortunately I am unable to get time off this year.

    Hugs Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm off to see how you made that gorgeous Altered Beer Mat project! big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous class on Saturday Sue, really pleased with how it's turned out now it's assembled. Always learning something new. Thanks Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!