Thursday, 27 November 2014

Recycle for Christmas !

Today is the start of a new challenge over at Artist Trading Post Exchange and the lovely Yvonne is challenging us to Recycle for Christmas. This had me scratching my head for a while until I spotted my pile of paper bags that I've collected from various shops (mainly craft shops actually!)


 I started by using the TCW Snowflake stencil and spraying Picket Fence Spray Distress Stains through it, masking off the handles.


 I then used a piece of Heavy Smoothy card and used the same stencil with Grunge Paste. When it was dry I then gave it a wash with Sky Fresco Finish paint. I did stamp some snowflakes using a Tim Holtz stamp and Snowflake Fresco Finish, but I seem to have obliterated them with the many layers of paint !



The Seasons Greetings is die cut using the Christmas Stacked Words strip die and I've used Ranger's Sticky Embossing Powder with Tumbled Glass Distress Glitter on the letters. The swirls and foliage are die cut using the Tim Holtz Holiday Greens Thinlits and Festive Greenery strip die. The rosette is made using the Tim Holt Snowflake Rosette and it cut from card that I've stuck Tissue Wrap to. I rubbed some White Fire Treasure Gold over the snowflakes and when the light catches them they shine beautifully !



 I made a similar panel for the other side of the bag, spraying it with Picket Fence Spray Distress Stains through the TCW stencil first of all.



The stamped sentiment is from the PaperArtsy Hotpicks XM03EZ set. The lampost is die cut using the Tim Holtz die and I've die cut the holly from a left over piece of card covered in Tissue Wrap. I've used White Fire Treasure Gold over the snowflakes on this panel too.

This was quite a simple project to do but I love the combination of the Kraft and the shades of blue. I've also got one gift bag ready for Christmas !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge, there is a £10 voucher to spend on those much 'needed' craft items at Artist Trading Post for the winner. Also, do make sure you hop over to Artist Trading Post Exchange to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous recycled projects !

I'd also like to enter my project into the Recycle Re-purpose and Re-invent Anything Goes challenge.


7 comments:

  1. What a transformation, I love the Kraft paper with blue and some shimmer, it'sgorgeous! This is a gift in itself Sue...someone would be very lucky to receive this. Beautiful, lots of detail especially like the grunge snowflakes. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kraft and blue are such a lovely combination Sue, I love the dimensional snowflakes and those glittery words! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the background you developed on your card panels Sue. The colour combo is perfect and the touch treasure gold is perfect.
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous make over, this is a gift packing that will be treasured. Love the colour combination and festive details.
    Yvonne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Sue, the bag is a gift in itself.
    Sorry I haven't been around in ages but life took over particularly with workshops which have been far more time consuming than I thought they would be, but lesson learned lol.
    Hope all is well with you.
    hugs Brenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sue, your altered gift bag is gorgeous. Love the way you used the snowflake stencil on both the bag and panel. Great effect and perfect for the Christmas season of giving! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh scrumptious - and in my colours too!! How effective the white stencilling looks on the kraft, and the textured snowflakes on the blue panel are simply stunning. Big wow!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!