Thursday, 6 November 2014

Tulip Happy Birthday !

I'm still counting down the family birthdays at the moment, so the below is another card to share with you.



It started out as a bit of an experiment as I wanted to see how Colour Blooms blend together, so I randomly sprayed a few different colours, using them to spray and also make droplets.


As Cololur Blooms are water based they will react with moisture, so I used a TCW stencil and a baby wipe to bleach back some of the colour. Then I used the scripty stamp from the PaperArtsy Hotpicks 1303 set and stamped it with Archival black ink.



I had this piece of card on my table on which I'd used a Prima stencil with Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste. I cut a stip from it and then sprayed it with Colour Bloom sprays.


I love the new Ellen Vargo 10 stamp set, I think this tulip is gorgeous ! I stamped it with Archival black ink and clear embossed it. I then stamped the flower head again and embossed that too. I've painted both parts with Luminarte paints, love how they blend together, and then layered the flower pieces up.


I made a further vertical panel and stamped it with one of the small circle stamps from the Ellen Vargo 09 stamp set.


The tape measure is something I picked up on one of my visits to The Bead Scene and the sentiment is a Tim Holtz stamp and I've stamped it onto a scrap of card that's been sprayed with Colour Bloom sprays.

I'm slowly ticking off my Birthday card list, just not sure when I'll get started on my Christmas card list !



8 comments:

  1. Sue, this is BEAUTIFUL!! Just when I think you can't get any more awesome you go and prove me wrong:-)) I hope everyone on your birthday and Christmas card list appreciates how lucky they are! I am now going back for another look at your gorgeous card...
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous mix of vintage and modern elements working beautifully.Loving the spritzed background paper with the colour blooms, can see the shimmer! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is gorgeous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous Sue and the baby wipe idea is pure brilliance! I think I will be giving that a go! I'm in the same boat as you, Christmas is gaining on me, yipes! Take care, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Sue and like Pamellia, love the baby wipe bleach technique!. Beautiful layering of those panels too, the more muted background really makes the tulip pop! Totally love this card, lucky recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue your card is so very impressing. I adore how you incorporated the flower stamp into the vintage look. Fabulous backgrounds and layering. Love the result. You are a very creative artist !!
    Thank you for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely adore each and every layer on this Sue. And I'm with you on the Christmas cards! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!