Tuesday, 16 December 2014

Funkie Junkie Tag 2 inspiration !

Now that I've finished my Birthday card journey for this year, I've turned my attention to getting the few Christmas cards I need made only to find my mojo has flown out the window ! This is where the lovely Linda of The Funkie Junkie has saved my bacon ! If you don't follow Linda's blog, she does the 12 tags of Christmas on the run up to the special day. If you would like to join in you'll find all the details here. Now I probably won't get to the end of the tags but the card I'm sharing tonight is inpsired by tag no.2.



I started by using the Prima Checker stencil and spreading Wendy Vecchi white Embossing Paste over it. While it was still wet I sprayed it with Peeled Paint Spray Distress Stains. I then used the tree stencil from the Wendy Vecchi Holiday Icons SiSi set with Fern Green Archival ink amd then stamped the sentiment from the Holiday Art set over the top. I stamped the lacy border from The Beauty of Art set and cut it out and blended Peeled Paint Distress Ink over it.


I die cut the poinsettia using the Tim Holtz die and then used Wendy Vecchi's Red Geranium embossing powder, sprinkling more powder on while it was still hot and heating again to build up the thickness. I added a little pearl embellishment for the centre.


I stamped the word Wish from the Licence Plate Art set with embossing ink and then used more of the Red Geranium embossing powder. The star is die cut using the Tim Holtz Bigz Die and I covered it with Tree Branch Archival Ink, then used Sticky Embossing Powder and sprinkled Rock Candy Distress Glitter over the top.

If you've got a little bit of time you might want to join in too !



8 comments:

  1. Sue, I love your Christmas card! The greens with the pops of red is just what the doctor ordered! Your mojo is back! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. This is one of the most awesome chrissy cards that I have seen this year!!! Too many clever ideas to mention here, so I just want to say that I just love it!
    I hope you and yours have a wonderful Christmas and I wish you many great adventures in 2015 ;)
    Dot x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sensational, Sue! LOVE that checkered background and how you used Wendy's beautiful stamps and stencils. The poinsettia is just gorgeous with the shiny red embossing powder! I love how you were inspired by my #2 tag!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sue! I love that Red Geranium embossing powder against the green background, what a great contrast! The checker board embossing is brilliant, what a great take on Linda's tag! holiday hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. simply...beautiful!
    I love the embossing paste/embossing powder combo!
    have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this version of Linda's tag Sue! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a creative New Year. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pops of red against that vivid green background and the checkerboard texture is fabulous! A really cool take on the tag. Didn't manage to play along at all this year, but how fab that Linda stirred your mojo into life!

    Hope you're having a peaceful and joyous 12 Days of Christmas, and wishing you a wonderful 2015!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card! Love those pops of red!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!