Wednesday, 3 December 2014

The end is in sight !!

I am almost at the end of the Birthday trail for this year, which means I can then turn my attention to Christmas which is creeping up way too quickly for my liking !

Today is another special day as it's one of my niece's birthdays, so

Happy Birthday Rebecca !


As usual I've started with the background using some Smoothy Card and then spraying and spritzing it with Colour Bloom sprays. I've then stencilled randomly over the bacground using a selection of TCW stencils and Fresco Finish paints.


I then used an Ellen Vargo stamp and Dandelion Archival ink and stamped over the background.


I used Fresco Finish paints, watered down to create the background on the above panel, flicking drops of paint onto it and when dry stamping with the same Ellen Vargo stamp and adding some stencilling. The tulips are also by Ellen Vargo, I've stamped the first one then masked it off before stamping 2 more. I've then painted the centre flower using Luminarte Silk Acrylic Glazes. To add a slight shadow along the centre stalk I've used a watercolour pencil and blended it out using a damp paintbrush.


 I die cut 2 pieces of trellis using the Tim Holtz die and painted it using Brown Shed Fresco Finish paint. I added some crocheted lace down either side of the panel and a Craft Individuals Happy Birthday circular stamp tucked in under the right hand side. The bottom layer is a piece from an old book that I've distressed with Distress Inks.



I've finished off with a Tim Holtz Word Band that I've painted with Brown Shed Fresco Finish paint and added some seam binding that's been lightly spritzed with some Wild Honey Spray Distress Stains.

Hopefully I shall be able to crack on with Christmas cards soon !

5 comments:

  1. There's always such a glorious warmth to your colours, Sue, and fabulous layering depth. This is no exception - a wonderful card. Looking forward to catching up with a bit more of what you've been doing...
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the background and the color, and then the flower stamp just ties it all in. She will treasure this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just amazing work with those stencils Sue! Your palette is so warm and inviting, what a fabulous card for your niece, she will love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the depth and warm colors!~kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really is beautiful Sue, I love the gorgeous background you created and the warmth of the colours you used... Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!