Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Anything Goes at Frilly and Funkie !

Today is the start of the second week of the challenge over at Frilly and Funkie. The lovely Nicole has given us a nice easy one to start the year off which is Anything Goes !


There's been a couple of techniques recently that I wanted to have a go at so I thought I'd take the opportunity and try one out for this challenge. Making my own journals is fast becoming one of my favourite things to do, so I decided to make a cover for a future journal. I started out with a piece of greyboard (chipboard) and painted it with Chalk Fresco Finish paint. I then started to brayer various colours over the surface using a flicking motion with the brayer. The colours soon build up and start to blend together but I didn't want them too bright so I used Chalk Fresco Finish again to knock back the colour.


 I then gathered together some Wendy Vecchi stencils and stamps ! I don't think I've had this much fun in ages ! I started  by stencilling over the cover keeping the stencilling in groups. Then I followed the groups using Wendy's stamps with Fern Green Archival and black Archival ink. I created the white circles using a hair mousse can lid dipped in Chalk Fresco Finish paint. I used a black Posca pen to drawer the black line around the edge to frame it.


 I used the lid with Little Black Dress Fresco Finish to add the black circles.The butterflies are created using the stencil from the Wendy Vecchi Pansy SiSi and black Archival ink.


I brayered a separate piece of white card and then stamped the frame from the Wendy Vecchi Framed Art set and the sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi Approved Art set. The flower is from the Pansy SiSi, I've stamped it with black Archival ink and then coloured it in using Distress Markers. I stamped several more flower heads and coloured them in too.

I'm really pleased with how this turned out,  I will definitely be using this technique again !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hope over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


12 comments:

  1. LOVE this layered look Sue! Knocking back the brayered paint has created the perfect background for Wendy's words and those beautiful flowers. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Sue. I really love all the colors and how they look blended together. Great work with all those wonderful stencils. Your flowers are gorgeous and the black and white rings really finish it off. Beautiful journal cover that you will enjoy using!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Sue, I am loving these colours! So many wonderful stamp sets and stencils that I need to put in my wish list! Gorgeous! hugs and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can just imagine how much fun this was to do, I love the brayered background and those flowers and frame are just beautiful! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always execute things so beautifully, love the fresh appearance of this, such a fab brayered background. Lovely Sue!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the brayer technique...I'd love to learn that! Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, that's a breathtaking creation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous. Love the colours and all the stenciling and stamping set off your floral focal point so beautifully.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really love that fab brayered background Sue! So many layers which all work perfectly together.
    Juliax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.... Looks if you had a lot of fun playing with your brayer. And yes LOVE the result. This gonna create a fab journal cover !! Love your stencilling too. And the sign !! And those pretty flowers.... Wohooo..
    Thank you for sharing. Adore your result !
    Hugs from Monica.... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning, love this whole design Sue. Must try a brayered background as the results look incredible.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Your layers of stenciling and stamping are over the top gorgeous, Sue!! I am inspired to try something new every time I visit your blog!! This is a fabulous make!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!