Thursday, 22 January 2015

Flower Power at ATP Exchange !

I'm back today to share my DT project for ATP Exchange. Our host for this challenge is the lovely Julia and she has challenged us to make our own flowers.

Now my project was originally destined for the bin ! I started it with another project in mind and it didn't go in the direction I wanted so in frustration I threw it aside. Fortunately I didn't damage it and it didn't land in the bin, looking at it again in the daylight I started to like it again !


 I started with a jumbo manilla tag and I covered it with torn up pieces of book paper that I'd painted with Heavy Gesso. Then I started to brayer it using Fresco Finish paints, Pansy, Moonlight and a little Eggplant.



I then used a Hair Mousse can lid and dipped it into Snowflake and Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint to create the circles. I then stamped it with some script using the little script stamp from the Lynne Perella 014 stamp set using black Archival ink.



My flower is made from book paper using the Tim Holtz Jumbo Tattered Flower die, the paper has been painted with Heavy Gesso and then with Amethyst Fresco Finish paint, watering it down for the lighter layers. The centre of the flower is made using a mold and UTEE, I then painted the flower with Pansy and Amethyst Fresco Finish paint. The leaf is also from the Jumbo Tattered Flower die and I've painted it with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint.



The sentiment is by Wendy Vecchi from the Approved Art set and it stamped onto a piece of brayered card. I've used the cord from a Pandora bag to tie it together to finish.

I hope you'll get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over the ATP Exchange and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !

9 comments:

  1. Just loving the background, the layers and colours....it's gorgeous and another stunning flower. This is an absolute beauty Sue! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your tag book Sue and the layers of paper and paints look wonderful. Glad you saw it differently and continued to add stamping and that great verse.
    The tattered floral looks wonderful too.

    TFS and crafty hugs
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad this didn't end up in the bin Sue, it's lovely! Fabulous background and flower, love the colours toni x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Toni, a beautiful mixed media make, using so many cool techniques and the flowers look super!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It would have been such a shame to leave this to one side. Its beautiful and the large bloom is super.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you didn't throw it away for good Sue - your background is absolutely stunning in the most perfect grungy way! The flower is big, blousy and such a stunner - I really love how you've used the Utee in the mold to create another bloom as the centre of your flower. Thank you for making such a wonderfully creative piece for my challenge.
    Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with Julia, so glad you didn't give up on this one because it turned out amazing! I just love the deep purples and the wonderful stamping! Your flower is incredible, what a fabulous make! big hugs until next time :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this Sue and great that it didn't get discarded for ever. Your flower is superb and fits the background perfectly.
    Have a great weekend.
    hugs Brenda xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a joy of a creation, Sue - the flower is fabulous, and I love all the layers in the background. Fab!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!