Thursday, 19 February 2015

Alphabet Soup !

Today we start the new challenge over at ATP Exchange, the lovely Ruth is our host and has chosen Alphabet Soup ! Here's what Ruth has to say:

I'm sure we all have alphabet stamps or maybe you have some chipboard letters that need using up. This time our challenge is about using letters or numbers in some way other than making a word or marking an anniversary with them. Maybe random stamping or use of die cuts to make a collage background, borders or do some pattern building with them? 


I started my journal page  by covering it with lots of scraps of book pages and Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap. Then I gave the whole page a coat of Clear Gesso to protect it from the layers of paint to follow !


I had some stamped pieces of tissue paper too which I stuck down with Clear Gesso. I recently bought the new alphabet Donna Downey stencil and this challenge was perfect for it ! The new colours, Blue Oyster and Slate Fresco Finish paints go really well together and I stencilled the letters first with Blue Oyster and then bumped the stencil and then used Slate.


You can see the stencilled letters a little clearer on the above photo.


I used the same colour Fresco Finish paints with a TCW numbers stencil, but this time I reversed the colour order, so used Slate first then bumped the stencil and used Blue Oyster. I then used several colours of Fresco Finish (can't remember which ones exactly!) to do washes over the whole page.


I then used one of the new Darcy Wilkinson stamp sets EDY12. The heads of the flowers have been stamped onto Smoothy card then painted using Fresco Finish paints. The little leaves have been stamped onto Smoothy card that's been painted with Chartreuse Fresco Finish paint and then I've cut them out.


The sentiment is from the same Darcy stamp set and I love it ! If you click on the photo you'll be able to see it better.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to ATP Exchange to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


14 comments:

  1. What a great challenge, and your piece is fantastic! will be bookmarking this and hope to join in. Love the new stamps from Darcy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantstic how you make this. Greetings Janny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! Great layers and wonderful stencilling! Love the colours too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Sue! I am loving those amazing colours and the wonderful images! This must have taken a coon's age! Totally worth it and rightfully pinned! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous, lovely, luscious layers! Love how you've used Darcy's stamps, gorgeous pages Sue! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous creation Sue, wonderful colours and layers and I love that sentiment! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic layers, love the colours and those new stamps.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooooo! Love journal pages Sue, love the way you can see all the layers, creates great depth, gorgeous colour palette too.... Must get some clear gesso !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous layers of paint and amazing stencils and stamps Sue. The petals give a 3D effect, which looks amazing.
    Great colour combo too

    TFS and have a lovely weekend
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificent layers in your background, Sue, and gorgeous work with those EDY stamps - these pages are amongst my very favourites of yours I think, with those beautiful blues and greens. Magical!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sue, fabulous journal page. All the layers are gorgeous and I just love the dimension and pops of blue in the flowers! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely love the colours on this piece Sue! The layers are stunning and together everything works seamlessly. Love it! Think I might need some clear gesso now! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is simply stunning. I love the colours and layout, you did an awesome job with my stamps, a real pleasure to see them used like this. I added it to the FB stamp page. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just to let you know I am deeply in love with this page!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!