Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Be my Valen-twine !

Today is the start of the second week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge. Our host is the lovely Pamellia and she has chosen Be my Valen-twine, so all you have to do is make something for Valentine's Day but you must include some twine.


This gave me the perfect opportunity to make my card for my other half ! I started by covering some white card with book paper that's been painted with Clear Gesso. I then gathered some Fresco Finish paints in various brown shades and used some Post-it Notes to mask off the card into squares. I dabbed the paint onto the card and dried it slightly before wiping it back with a baby wipe. I then did some stamping using the Wendy Vecchi A to Z Background, Dots and Dashes and Basket Weave stamps using Potting Soil Archival ink.



I used some of the Wallflower paper and tore it around the edges and used Vintage Photo and Walnut Stain Distress Inks. The large stamped heart is a Wendy Vecchi stamp from the Love to Make Art set and the little hearts are die cut and the embossed using Red Geranium embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi Say it with Art set. The little bird is die cut from card covered with book paper and I've added my twine across the centre and also added some to a little tag.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


13 comments:

  1. Stunning Sue! Love how you put this together! Great collage and those two hearts together are really eye catching!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I'm totally in love with this, Sue. The sepia tones are wonderful, the background stamping is perfect and I love the layering of the image, the hearts and the twine. A perfect Valentine for a guy!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Sue!! Love the splashes of red on your neutral background! So many wonderful funkie layers! Vintage and fabulous! Love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! And that sentiment is so true!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the 'Wendy' stamped heart and the smaller ones look gorgeous with the red embossing. The twine is just the perfect finishing touch! I think your hubby will love this.. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is fabulous and so well suited for a man with the mix of vintage, modern, neutral and pops of red. I love the sentiment.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE the painty background idea and the colours go so perfectly with that gorgeous red. The enamelled hearts are mmmm! This is such a perfect card! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heart-stoppingly wonderful Sue - this is you at your best (again!!!) Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love this - the red accents against the glow of the sepia, the fabulous painty background - just wonderful.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this card, Sue! It's got that wonderful brown tones, that I just love, and they really set off those gorgeous hearts! I also love all that twine!!! Thank you for all your encouraging and smile inducing comments on my blog. :) Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely Valentine for your sweetheart, that sentiment is so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!