Monday, 2 February 2015

Day 2 PaperArtsy new products - Lin Brown Stamps !

I'm back tonight for the second PaperArtsy product release which is the gorgeous new stamps from Lin Brown. There are 6 sets in total, check these out !











I've been playing with the teo house sets along with the Limited Edition Frescos which were launched last night.



For the first sampled, I started with a piece of chipboard that I painted it with Caribbean Sea Fresco Finish. Then I used various Lin Brown stencils with Banana, Tangerine and Bougainvillea Fresco Finish pants and stencilled all over the panel. As the paints aren‘t opaque I stencilled a layer of Snowflake Fresco Finish first so the colours would be true. Then I gave the panel a wash of watered down Snowflake Fresco Finish. I used one of the stamps from the new ELB13 set and painted the little dots with Banana Fresco Finish.



The bunting is hand drawn onto some painted Smoothy card and the text is from the new ELB13 set too. 



I stamped the main house shadow with Caribbean Sea and the door and bunting have been stamped onto a piece of Smoothy card painted with Tangerine Fresco Finish cut out and stuck to the house. The thin house shadow has been stamped with Tangerine and the door painted with Bougainvillea. The little grassy clumps have been stamped once with black Archival ink and then again over the top with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish, cut out and layered in between the houses. 



The second piece is a card and I started with the background and stencilled over some Smoothy card with various Lin Brown stencils using the new Limited Edition Fresco Finish paints. I also stamped the shadow houses from the new ELB 13 and ELB 14 stamp sets and then washed over the card with watered down Banana Fresco Finish. I stamped the grassy clump from the new ELB13 set repeatedly onto some book paper that I’d given a wash of watered down Snowflake Fresco Finish. 


 I stuck some book paper onto some Smoothy card and then stamped the tall thin house shadow using Tangerine Fresco Finish and the little house using Caribbean Sea. The large house shadow is stamped with Bougainvillea and the door and bunting have been stamped onto Tangerine painted card and then cut out and stuck to the house. I stamped the text from ELB13 onto a piece of brayered card and added some faux stitching around the edge before layering onto a second piece painted with Caribbean Sea. I added a piece of painted, scalloped seam binding and a key to finish.



The base for this plaque is a piece of white covered grey board. I’ve used Lin Brown stencils with the new Limited Edition Fresco Finish paints and then washed over it with Snowflake Fresco Finish but I also dipped one edge of my brush into Caribbean Sea to get some shading around the edges. 
 


I’ve stamped the clock house shadow with Caribbean Sea and the door is stamped onto Bougainvillea painted Smoothy Card then cut out and stuck to the house. The two other houses have been stamped onto Banana and Bougainvillea painted Smoothy card and then cut out. The little grassy clumps are stamped with black Archival ink and then again over the top with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish and then cut out. The sentiment is from the new ELB13 set and is stamped with black Archival ink. I’ve then layered the houses and the grassy clumps using foam pads. To finish I’ve edged the plaque with scalloped seam binding, which was given to me by my crafting buddy, Ruth !  
 


For the last piece, I started by die cutting a tag from Heavy Smoothy Card and then I used Grunge Paste with a brick stencil. Once the Grunge Paste was dry I painted the whole tag with slightly watered down Caribbean Sea Fresco Finish. I then brayered over the tag with Snowflake Fresco Finish. I used the Lin Brown leaf stencil with Caribbean Sea and lightly stencilled the leaves over the tag. 



I stencilled two flowers using a Lin Brown stencil with Banana, Tangerine and Bougainvillea Fresco Finish paints. I then drew around the petals and added some doodling to them before cutting them out and layering them. The house shadow is stamped with Bougainvillea onto Smoothy card and the door is painted with Caribbean Sea Fresco Finish.




The text is from the new ELB13 stamp set and I’ve stamped it onto Smoothy card painted with Caribbean Sea. Each word has been cut out and then stuck to a piece of Mount Board to create a tile. To finish I’ve added a piece of lace and some dyed seam binding. 

Do make sure you hop over to the PaperArtsy blog and remember that these stamps are available now from your favourite PaperArtsy stockist.


11 comments:

  1. Fabulous work with Lin's new releases, Sue - I love the first one, and that last tag with the dimensional flower is glorious!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely GORGEOUS work Sue, all your samples are just brilliant and I LOVE the houses in those yummy colours....I can feel a spend coming on. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning projects Sue, I love all of them! Can't wait to get my hands on these new bright colours, they are so yummy! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, your samples are stunning. Many congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The stamps are terrific and your samples certainly do them justice. I love the house stamps and they remind me of that wall hanging you had.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love these projects, Sue. The houses are so appealing and you have used them so imaginatively. i just love how you used the new colours too! Exquisite samples. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sue for being part of my launch night, I really appreciate your contribution, your samples were amazing.

    Lin x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you really put those stamps to good use! So much fun! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE these whimsical images! You rocked the stamps with all these tags and cards! FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous samples Sue with Lin's new Stamp sets which I am loving totally in love with your tag and bright 3d flower.
    MaggieH

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!