Thursday, 5 February 2015

Guest Designer at Make ART Challenge !

This is my first post of the day (there's another one coming up !) and I'm very excited to share that I am the Guest Designer over at the Wendy Vecchi Make ART Challenge blog !


 I actually started by recycling the circular piece of chipboard, it was a project I made some time ago that really needed a face lift ! I painted it with Gesso first of all then I used the Yikes Stripes stencil with Wendy Vecchi's white embossing paste on the bottom half. When it was dry I painted the bottom half with blue acrylic paint and then rubbed Sky Blue Archival ink over it.



 I used the Add a Stencil and Ornate Dots overlay stencils with Potting Soil Archival ink. Then did a little more stencilling using Watering Can Archival ink and the Dots and Stripes stencil. I used the edge of the lace stamp from the Say it with Art set and stamped it along the edge of the top half, masking off the part of the stamp I didn't want to use. Then stamped the swirls from the same set.


The flower is an Art Part and I've used Buttercup embossing powder on the flower head, and Orange Blossom embossing powder on the little metal flower in the centre. I did stamp the flower using the Reverse Dots background stamp with Orange Blossom Archival ink, I didn't like it so wiped it off while it was still wet. I was really happy when I saw that there were in fact dots left behind on the flower ! The stem has been embossed using Fern Green embossing powder. The little jug is a Mat Mini and I've used Sky Blue embossing powder on it then stamped it with the Splatter background stamp and Adirondack Snow Cap ink. The heart is metal and I painted it with black Heavy Gesso, then applied a layer of Crackle Texture Paste. I was a little heavy handed but the cracks I got are amazing ! I then used Tea Rose Archival ink over the top. The sentiment is from The Beauty of Art stamp set and I've stamped it onto card that I rubbed Sky Blue Archival ink over. The scalloped seam binding has been rubbed with Buttercup Archival ink.

Thank you so much for inviting me to Guest Design today !

4 comments:

  1. It was lovely to see you Guest Designing for Wendy and your hanging is gorgeous - I was very drawn to the fantastic heart with all the crackles - it really is very beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Scrumptious bold colours (making me long for spring), and oh that heart is a joy!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the way you've combined the Buttercup and Sky Blue with that fabulous crackled heart Sue! And what a well deserved honour to be chosen by Wendy herself to feature on her blog. She knows her onions when it comes to picking talent! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous, Sue! Congratulations on being the guest designer for the Make Art Challenge. You really did Wendy proud! The crackled heart, the pitcher and flower are fantastic and your stenciled background is amazing, as always!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!