Thursday, 5 February 2015

Love is in the air !

Can you tell we're getting close to a certain date in February ?? Today we're kicking off the next challeng over at ATP Exchange and the lovely Yvonne has chosen Love is in the Air. Here's what Yvonne has to say:

It will soon be Valentines Day, so my theme is all about Love, what does it mean to you.?
A feeling, a look, a touch, a word, something that makes your heart happy.............the list can be endless.
So for this challenge, share with us how you see 'love' in your world.

I guess when I think of the word Love the first image that pops into my head is a heart, so I decided to run with this and being in a bit of a metal phase at the moment, I knew this was going to feature !


I started by using one of the new Donna Downey stencils that I picked up the last time I was at Artist Trading Post and used Wendy Vecchi's white embossing paste through it. When it was dry I painted the whole thing with Heavy Black Gesso. Next came the beautiful Luminarte Silk paints ! These paints blend so beautifully and because they have an extended open time they are really easy to use.


Then I used the PaperArtsy heart die and cut two shapes from red metal. I embossed the flat heart using an embossing folder and the second heart has been 'puffed' out using a paper stump. I've then filled the reverse with Wendy Vecchi embossing paste so the metal is supported. I dabbed Little Black Dress Fresco Finish over both hearts and rubbed back with a piece of kitchen roll (towel).


I cut some pieces of seam binding and painted them with watered down Luminarte Silks, the same colours that I've used on the canvas. I stitched one piece to some lace and the second piece has been stamped with the Tim Holtz tape measure stamp. The sentiment is also by Tim Holtz and is stamped onto black card that I've brushed a mixture of Pewter and Bora Bora Fresco Finish paint. The combination makes a great metallic paint !


One final close up so you can see the texture of the background !

The team have created some fabulous projects so do make sure you hop over to ATP Exchange and of course we'd love you to join in !


11 comments:

  1. Oh Sue, the dimensional metal heart is amazing! What fabulous colours and shine...gorgeous! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That heart really is a stunner Sue! I love the luminarte silks too - they give such a gorgeous sheen. Great idea to add that wonderful textured script too. Love it!
    Juliaxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am amazed to see,how versatile and unique heart theme projects you have made recently. Love all of them. I will come over again here to see how you made them. Thanks for inspiration Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful metal effects Sue, I wondered how you did the dramatic background and hearts. Its a fabulous project.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your background is brilliant and gorgeous, but that heart that you puffed and filled fills my heart!!! I LOVE THAT!!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic project this is!!! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love that new DD stencil, it looks wonderful on your background. I love the metal heart too and the way you 'puffed it up', it looks amazing. Great colour choices too on your beautiful piece. Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing! Those silk paints look like metal, what a great effect on your puffy heart! Just gorgeous! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous glossy texture - what an amazing look to this - so funky!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super project with all the texture and the lovely metal work. The seam binding and lace make a gorgeous soft contrast.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all texture and blended colours lovely piece of art Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!