Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Bring on the bling !

Today we start the second week of the Frilly and Funkie current challenge which is to Bring on the Bling ! The lovely Jenny is our host and here's what Jenny has to say:

Be it diamonds, pearls or even glitter we need to see some sparkle on your vintage or shabby chic projects this time.

So, this was a huge challenge for me as I'm not a 'bling' kind of girl. It had me rooting through unpacked, house move boxes in the hopes that I'd find something !


I started with the background and used the Wendy Vecchi Old Ledger stencil with Wendy's white embossing paste. While it was still wet I sprayed it with Abandoned Coral, Wild Honey and Ripe Persimmon Spray Distress Stains. Love this colour combination !



When the paste was dry I rubbed a little Treasure Gold over the top. I brayered a piece of white card with acrylic paint then stamped the image from the Wendy Vecchi Discover Art set. I masked off the flower heads and stamped the image twice more.


The panel below the butterfly has had Abandoned Coral and Wild Honey Distress Inks blended over it then I've stamped the numbers stamp from the Tim Holtz Perspective set with Tea Rose Archival ink and then used the Wendy Vecchi Script background stamp using Watering Can Archival ink. I then stamped a border across the top and bottom using the stamp from the Wendy Vecchi Discover Art and Watering Can Archival ink. I die cut a trellis using the Tim Holtz Trellis die from card that I'd blended Distress Ink over. I then stamped over it using the Wendy Vecchi Lots of Leaves background stamp and black Archivl ink. 
The beautiful butterfly is also from the Perspective set and I've stamped it with black Archival ink, cut it out then painted it with Distress Markers.


If you've checked out The Funkie Junkie Boutique lately you'll have seen the most gorgeous Kaisercraft embellishments. I've used an ornate corner and painted it black and when dry rubbed Treasure Gold over it and rubbed it up to a shine. If you remember, I had to dig out some bling and found some pearl swirls and also some individual pearls. I've sewn the individual pearls to some May Arts crocheted lace.

So, from a shaky start ! I quite like it in the end ! I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the beautiful DT projects.

16 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful Sue. Bling may be out of your comfort zone but I'd say you've nailed it again with your fabulous style shining through. MUST use that ledger stencil now too! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning card Sue, I adore your bright vivid colours against your lace and pearls. The butterfly is so attractive in this yellow. Thanks for inspiring me to give bright colours another go.
    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! so much detail makes it awesome!
    very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super gorgeous with that wonderful butterfly and all the lovely stamping and vibrant colour. You make doing something out of your comfort zone look so easy.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is completely gorgeous, Sue - amazing depth of layered colour as ever, and fantastic composition of all the elements. Loving that golden butterfly!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning piece! I LOVE that butterfly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Sue I am in love with this....gorgeous colours, wonderful imagery and super composition. I really need to get some abandoned coral (my shopping list is just getting too big at the mo!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous project Sue, the colour combination looks fantastic as well as all the details and additions.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Sue, this is just breathtaking! I am so jealous that you have that butterfly stamp, it's beautiful and I love how you coloured it! Stunning background too! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sue, this is such a stunning creation! The colors are so warm and rich and that butterfly is to die for! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Breathtaking, a fantastic piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing detail but all fits together perfectly, adore the brayered background and those colours are so yummy. Another stunning make Sue! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty Sue, I love the warm shades of orange and red xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Sue, love that colour combination! Wonderful details and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sue, what an amazing card you have put together! Being it was out of your comfort zone to use bling, you have really nailed this! The colors, the texture and that butterfly (!!!!) really make this card such a stunning mixed media piece of art!

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is soooo pretty! love all the layers & all the details you added. SWEET!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!