Monday, 9 March 2015

From the Heart

The new Wendy Vecchi Make Art challenge has started so this card is just for fun so I can enter.


I started by brayering a piece of Smoothy card using lots of different colours of Fresco Finish paints.



I then used the Wendy Vecchi Yikes Stripes, Add a Stencil, Ornate Dots overlay and Classic Words stencils with Fresco Finish paints. The numbers are stencilled using Watering Can Archival ink (love this colour!)


I then stamped the background using the Lots of Leaves background stamp with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. The circles are created using a lid that I've dipped into more paint.


The main flower is from the Daisy Art stamp set and is stamped onto a piece of brayered card.  I then painted the flower and added a shadow.


I've then edged the main image with Caribean Sea Fresco Finish paint.


The honeycomb pieces are some left over bits and I've painted them and rubbed Amber Treasure Gold over the top. The shabby flowers are by Prima and I've looped some twine behind them and added a gem to the centre. The butterfly is also by Prima and I've painted it and then rubbed Treasure Gold over the top. The sentiment is  by Tim Holtz and I've stamped it onto another piece of brayered card.

So, there we have it, a card just for fun and it was too ! I'm entering this card into the Make Art challenge which is to use stencils.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous, and so beautifully put together! Absolutely love how you did the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful Sue, fabulous layers and stunning background. Think I might have been reluctant to cover it if I had produced it! Lol. Nikki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is gorgeous, the background looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The background is fabulous Sue and I love the painted flower, it really is beautiful! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow this is fabulous! I love how you created the background and all the layers in this stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Sue! Love the flower stamp and your background turned out so fabulous!! Great touch with the lace! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sue this card is fabulous. Love your colors and the fab background. Gosh it's awesome.
    And the rustic flower makes it all just PERFECT. !!!!
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely Sue! what a great background you created with all the paints and stencils! love the flower!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I just love that background. It's amazing and is totally going on my pin board for some future inspiration. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning project, Sue! I am fainting over that honeycomb element...LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the freshness of this Sue with all that fabulous stencilling and the beautiful daisy. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!