Thursday, 5 March 2015

Springtime !

Hello everyone ! I'm back today with my DT piece for the new ATP Exchange challenge which starts today. There is also a sad announcement to make as this will be the last challenge for ATP Exchange in it's current format.

However, keep your eyes peeled for a brand new challenge blog coming your way very soon, which will include some very familiar faces ! (I am so excited!)

So, back to the last ATP Challenge and it's Annie who is the final host and has chosen Springtime as the theme. Here's what Annie has to say:

For this challenge I would like to see the colours of 'Spring' in your Mixed Media projects. You can include flowers/birds if you wish as long as you have a fresh colour palette.


I spent the most fabulous day on Sunday with two good crafting friends, and we promised ourselves we would have a play with PanPastels as we'd all got some and they'd been sadly neglected ! So, I decided to do a journal page and use the PanPastels for the main colour on the background.  I started  by painting the pages with Gesso and the I used the new Lin Brown stamps, stamping with Versamark and then rubbing the PanPastels over the top.


I've also used some Ellen Vargo stamps on the background, again stamping with Versamark and then rubbing PanPastel over the top. I stamped the stem for the flower from the Lin Brown ELB15 set, stamping the flower again onto card painted with Chartreuse Fresco Finish paint. The flower head is from the same set and is stamped twice onto painted card and I've stamped the top flower with one of the little stamps again from one of Lin Brown's new stamp sets. I then added some stamping using one of the new Darcy Wilkinson stamp sets, and I added a little shading with so Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint.


This cute little owl is also from one of the new Lin Brown stamp sets and he's been painted with Portfolio Pastels. The branch is stamped with black Archival ink and I've used a Sharpie pen to add some dots.


The sentiment is from the Darcy Wilkinson ED13 stamp set, and I've masked it off before stamping over it using a stamp from the Sara Naumann ESN14 using Cheesecake Fresco Finish paint.

I hope you get chance to join us for this last challenge and do make sure you hop over to the ATP Exchange blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful pages Sue, love the warm colours and all those wonderful images that you used,
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous page Sue! Love all the wonderful stamps and your brilliant colours! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous layout Sue with so many wonderful details. Love the colour combination and the LB and EV stamps are lovely too.

    Tfs and best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue, this is beautiful! I love the colours, the warm golden feel you've given this page xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful page Sue, I love the wonderful colours you have used. I am so pleased to hear that you talented ladies will be continuing! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out wonderful Sue, it was great to see it in the making, and I want more PanPastels now. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Turned out beautifully and yes I love the owl...so cute. There is a lovely warm glow about them as Georgie said...Fabulous result! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, I love this page. So much to look at x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous pages...love the color and that owl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What glorious pages, Sue - I remain in awe of your skill with layering stencilling and stamping to create such detailed, textured artwork - fabulous!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!