Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Vacation time !

We're starting the second week of the current Frilly and Funkie challenge today. The lovely Cec has challenged us to think about vacations ! Here's what Cec has to say:

If you are like most of us in the eastern half of North America, you are fed up with the brutal cold and snow that has been plaguing us for weeks and you want to get away so the challenge is called 'It's Time for a Vacation' - it could be a warm beach, an exotic locale with lots of sights to see or even in your own back yard..


I decided on making a card for a change for this challenge and my thoughts also drifted off to one of our favourite holiday destinations, France ! I used a Prima stencil with Wendy Vecchi white embossing paste and while it was still wet I sprayed it with Tumbled Glass and Broken China spray Distress Stains. I also spritzed it with Picket Fence spray Distress Stain.


I then built up my layers, the bottom one is tea bag paper that I've spritzed with Tumbled Glass spray Distress stain. I then stamped it with a small script stamp and Vintage Photo Distress Ink. I did some quick sewing to frame the next layer. I sprayed some white card with spray Distress stains and then did some random stamping. For the main image I did some second generation stamping using Watering Can Archival ink and a Tim Holtz stamp. The Eiffel Tower has been stamped with black Archival ink and clear heat embossed.


I die cut the Fleur de Lys from black card and then used Pewter Distress Stains and just swiped it quickly over the black card. I had some left over stamped  tape measure pieces which fitted quite well. I rubbed some metallic wax over the embossed area on the background. To finish I added some lace and a little Eiffel Tower charm.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


10 comments:

  1. A beautiful layered creation with such wonderful vintage colours Sue. I love that stencilled background. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the wonderful background and the way you layered the elements looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Sue! Greta choice of colour and love all that texture. Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the texture and depth you have incorporated into this card. The colors are perfect together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that we both did Paris, Sue and I am really enjoying the Funkie side of it!! Gorgeous background and your strip of lace is such a stunning touch of contrast! Just wonderful! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Prima stencilled background is gorgeous Sue and I love how you layered your elements up - such a beautiful card! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the texture & dimension. it's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!