Thursday, 2 April 2015

Anything Goes at Stamps and Stencils !

Today is a very exciting day as it's the start of the very first challenge at Stamps and Stencils! I'm the host for this challenge and I've kept it really easy with Anything Goes ! We're a monthly, mixed media challenge and as long as you include some stamping or stencilling you can make anything !


I bought an A3 pad of Canson paper recently and decided to have a play ! I also had some stencils that needed to be played with too so that's where I started ! After a coat of Gesso I then used one of the new Lin Brown stencils with Grunge Paste and stamped into it with the co-ordinating stamp. I used a Viva stencil with more Grunge Paste and when it was dry gave it a coat of watered down Chartreuse Fresco Finish paint.



Now my intention was to take a few more stepped photos, but as you can see that didn't happen ! Is it just me or is it that when you start on something and your mind goes into a whirl of ideas remembering to take photos flies out the window ! After the Chartreuse coat I knocked everything back with a watered down coat of Chalk Fresco Finish paint. Next up were my Pan Pastels ! I haven't used these in ages and as I'd treated myself to one or two new colours I was itching to use them. I used Versamark ink through variou TCW stencils and then rubbed the Pan Pastels over the top, I'd forgotten how wonderful they are they blend so beautifully !


I've also added some stamping using a Wendy Vecchi background stamp and used Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. The three flowers above are made using another of the Lin Brown stencils and stamps. I stencilled the colours first using Fresco Finish paints for the flower heads then stamped over the top. I stamped the stalks and extended them slightly by matching the stamp up again and used my Inktense pencils to add some colour.


The Grunge Paste flowers have been painted using my Inktense pencils, as have the stalks which I've stamped using a Darcy Wilkinson stamp from one of her latest sets. The little grasses are stamps from the new Lin Brown sets and I've added colour to them using Inktense pencils. I used Pan Pastels again to colour the two cut out flowers which are a Lin Brown stamp. I used a black Posca pen to add some definition to the stencilled numbers then a white Sharpie to highlight them. The sentiment which you'll have seen in an earlier photo is also one of the new Lin Brown stamps.

I have to say this page was a pleasure to do,  I've been able to use all sorts of things that I've been itching to have a play with.

You have a month to join in with our challenge and do keep an eye on the Stamps and Stencils blog for more insirational projects througout the month. Make sure you hop over to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects !


18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Sue! off to check out the challenge now

    ReplyDelete
  2. its a pleasure to view too Sue - gorgeous page - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Due, no one can work with stencils paint and stamps quite like you, this is wonderful!

    Good lucj with the new challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Sue, absolutely stunning!! Love the vibrant hues and those flowers are gorgeous! Congrats on the new challenge launch! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...this should be on a canvas! Gorgeous! To take it from chartreuse to this is crazy. LOVE!!! PINNED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just stunning thats all I can say xx
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous journal page Sue, love all the bright happy images.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning page, Sue - the colours are glorious, and the sense of depth you've created is marvellous. Love the sound of this new challenge blog, and I hope I'll be able to play along often!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow stunning makes me smile xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful page Sue, love the different layers topped off with those fabulous flowers, gorgeous! Toni x

    ReplyDelete
  11. So that's what you wanted the Canson pad for! An absolute beaut of a page, the colours and choice of stencils and stamps ..perfect. Love the inktense on grunge paste, your mojo is in full swing here friend! Hugs Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous page Sue and so glad to have found your new challenge blog, can't wait to play along!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a most beautiful page Sue!! Your flowers are a breath of Spring!
    I know what you mean about meaning to take more photos- happens to me all the time-your muse gets going and forgets to stop!!
    Thank you for your swing by my blog! hugs")

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is over-the-top fantastic. I love all the texture you created through the stencils/stamps and then gave it life with fabulous colour. I know exactly what you mean about forgetting to take photos along the way because I have been there, done that too. Looking forward to playing in the new challenge.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Sue, don't know what happened to my first comment, but it's worth coming back to write another...Beautiful, the colours and composition really held me...but inktense over grunge...know what I'm playing with sometime this weekend! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Sue... you are such a talented lady! This is a beautiful page and I love the warm hues, stencils and stamps to bring everything together. It's nice isn't it to get your hands on things you haven't used, so glad you got a chance to play and create this beauty!!
    Thanks for the inspiration,
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous, what a wonderful combination of warm color tones, stencils and stamps, many thanks for this great inspiration!! Hugs, Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your project is really beautiful!!!! I have not thought to stamp into the thick paste. Fantastic idea, thank you. Your coloring is exquisite; I thoroughly enjoy viewing your project.

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!