Friday, 10 April 2015

Fairy house !

The project I'm sharing today is one that I've been dabbling with over a few days and it's been great to just play for fun ! I bought this Tando house from PaperArtsy when they were at a show, I can't remember where, it's that long ago ! It's sat on the shelf waiting for me to decide what I wanted to do with it and when I acquired some of the new Darcy Wilkinson stamps, ping ! The idea took shape !



Now, unfortunately, I've not taken photos of the process to get to this stage. So, I'll do my best to take you through it using the finished photos. What you see above are the separate pieces that needed to be decorated, plus one extra that I made too !


The colour palette that I've used is all done using Fresco Finish paints. I started by painting all of the pieces with Guacamole Fresco Finish paint. It's an opaque so you don't need to prime the surface.



I then grabbed Wendy Vecchi's Crackle Paste and swiped it across some of the panels. I wanted the cracks to show so used Satin Glaze and mixed it in with the Frescos and using my finger rubbed it over the surface when the paste was dry.



Here is the additional piece that I made from cardboard, a little door ! I didn't like the idea of the fairies that live in this house not being able to shut a door. I've just noticed that I've forgotten to paint the little stamped circles, must rectify that ! Before I started to stamp, I decided that I needed something to lift the colour a little so I used the PaperArtsy Metallic Glaze. This stuff is wonderful ! It adds the most beautiful shimmer !



I've used Darcy's EDY12 and EDY13 sets to stamp over the panels, the little grassses are a Lin Brown stamp from the ELB20 set. As I'd stamped directly on to the panels I didn't want the stamping to be covered up so have painted the images using Fresco Finish paint mixed with Satin Glaze. This makes the paint translucent but still keeps the colour. I masked off some of the images and stamped again to make it look like a tangled garden. 


 You can see on the back panel the shimmer from the Metallic Glaze, even on the chimney !


 I carried on stamping and masking on all the panels and painting using Fresco Finish paint mixed with Satin Glaze.



To created the pattern on the roof I used Wendy Vecchi's brick stencil and Crackle Paste. When it was dry I rubbed Fresco Finish paint mixed with Satin Glaze over the top with my finger. I love how the colours blended and how the cracks are highlighted by the paint.


The last piece to finish off the house is the floor ! I've painted it with Guacamole Fresco Finish paint then used a TCW stencil with Wendy's Crackle Paste. When it was dry I've used the same technique as on the rest of the house finishing with the Metallic Glaze. So there you have it, a house for the fairies to live in !

It's another busy weekend ahead, but best of all I get to spend a day with two very special crafty ladies! Whatever you're up to this week end I hope you get chance to get messy !

16 comments:

  1. Oh wow Sue, just look at this little beauty of a home, I would just love to live here, if only I was a fairy :) The colour is just the lush-i-est shades of blue I've ever seen, my fave colours are blue and green.

    Just going to go back up there now and gawp some more at the beautiful textures and shade :)
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and you should come and enter this at A Sprinkle of Imagination blog - the theme is always anything goes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sue this is just stunning! I love the roof, that's brilliant. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue, this is WONDERFUL, love it, oh to be a fairy looking for a home! Gorgeous colours, shimmer and use of Darcy's stamps! Looking forward to a messy weekend! Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, this is fantastic - so whimsical and fun. I love the colour palette and all the wonderful stamping. If I were a fairy I would love a house like this. Of course the best part is that it is small enough that it would take no time at all to clean - lol.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous fairy dez rez! I can see why you thought of it and Darcy's stamps together. They're a perfect partnership! I must remember your tip of mixing the paints eith Satin Glaze. The metallic glaze is already a big favourite of mine.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab fairies house! Bet they're flocking in to see it. ;) huhs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy cow, this is incredible Sue!! It's like a house from an animated fantasy movie that I would totally watch!! Love how you did the roof and your colours are so whimsical! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is just flat out precious! what an inspiration! :)

    thank you so much for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is just so cute! I love it!! You are very talented indeed x x xxSAMxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is brilliant Sue. In fact with so much beautiful detail throughout I could see this being used in an animated fantasy film! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW Sue this is stunning! Love the design and gorgeous stamps you have used. It was great to meet you at the weekend.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just LOVE this wonderful little fairy house Sue! what beautiful colors and stampings - TOO cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's absolutely charming, Sue - I adore the colour palette with the rich ocean blues and the pops of gold and orange, and the crackle textures are fantastic. Brilliant work!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!