Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Put a ribbon on it !

Today we start the second week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge and the lovely Linda has challenged us to use ribbon on our projects. I decided that I didn't want to use ribbon in the traditional way of adding a bow so after some thought wanted to try a patchwork effect !


I'm hooked on brayering with Fresco Finish paints at the monent so started off doing this on some white card using lots of different colours and knocking it back by using white as one of the last layers.


I got carried away and didn't take any more staged photos !  I used some Wendy Vecchi background stamps and stamped them with Leaf Green and Watering Can Archival inks. The vertical panel is made using two different ribbons and weaving them to create a patchwork. I then used my sewing machine and sewed around the edges of all the squares. I die cut the trellis and blended Leaf Green and Fern Green Archival inks over it.


I brayered some more white card with Fresco Finish paints and then stamped the flower twice and cut it out and layered it on foam pads. I had a spare piece of brayered card so cut it to the shape of the frame and then added the number and filled it with Glossy Accents. The two corner pieces are Tim Holtz Industrious sticker and I've coloured them with Espresso Alcohol ink. The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi The Purpose of Art stamp set and it stamped on to brayered card and them mounted on to black card.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


12 comments:

  1. Another wonderful card from you Sue. LOVE the brayering (yep, I'm with you on that addiction!) and the really clever idea for patchworking the ribbon. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is loaded with so much detail...I LOVE that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowsers Sue, what a complete stunner!! LOVE your amazing spring green palette and your patchwork ribbon background is creativity at it's finest!! Beautiful flower and foliage, and I love the bronze embellies! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous greens, and love all the stuff you layered on! Simply stunning...a favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A truly beautiful project Sue, so full of texture and dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Sue this is a pure green beauty! I love the embellies and the little details of the stitching - stunning!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project and the shades of green work so well with the metal embellishments.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This fabulous Sue, wonderful layers of such interesting details

    Best wishes
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just loving brayering too at the moment, lovely lime colours and fab use of such gorgeous ribbon. Just beautiful. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. SQUEAL...this is an over load of crafty goodness! I LOVE GREEN! Love all the layers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What an inventive use of your ribbon Sue, love your gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!