Wednesday, 15 April 2015

Springtime die cuts !

Hello and welcome to Wednesday and the start of the second week of the current Frilly and Funkie challenge which is Springtime Die Cuts ! The lovely Nicole is our host and here's what she has to say:

Springtime Die Cut Challenge. I'm sure there's some foliage, flowers or butterflies somewhere in your stash! Just think SPRING!


I started by painting an MDF frame with Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint, then spread Wendy Vecchi Crackle Paste around the edges.



 I used some Satin Glaze with Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint and spread it over the frame using my finger.



While I was drying the glaze I got carried away and these little bubble appeared in the paste ! Love the effect ! 



I then used the Crackle Paste with a Prima stencil and while it was still wet I spritzed it with Spray Distress Stains Abandonned Coral, Wild Honey and Squeezed Lemonade. I felt it was a little too bright so I then mixed some more glaze with Chalk Fresco Finish paint and rubbed it over the top using my finger again. Much better !



 I was definitely on a crackle roll and decided to crackle some leaves too ! I used the Tim Holtz Garden Greens and spread the Crackle Paste over the die cuts before taking them out of the rest of the card.


 I used the Tim Holtz Tattered Floral die to make the flowers and I used Leaf Green and Fern Green Archival inks to colour the crackled leaves.



 The birdcage is a Kaisercraft piece and I've used Tea Rose embossing powder on it. The butterfly is a Prima Ingvild Bolme piece and I've painted it with Fresco Finish paints.



 I used some alcohol inks on two pieces of Industrious Stickers and glued metal corner pieces over the top.


I wanted to bring some Tea Rose into the flower cluster so I took some pearl stick pins, rolled them on some Embossing Ink and then dipped them in the pot of Tea Rose embossing powder. After I heated them I glued them in place. I've also added a Prima clock and a Tim Holtz buckle. The art is stamped using the Wendy Vecchi Licence Plate stamp set.



 Here's another close ip of the crackled leaves and frame.



This is the final piece, which I think says Spring, I hope you agree !

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous work.

12 comments:

  1. LOVE this Sue!!! The stencilled background is superb, the floral bouquet a delight and the frame works perfectly as a textured contrast. Amazing! Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Wowsers!! What a spectacular work of art Sue!! Love that background and the texture on your frame is incredible! Gorgeous flowers, big fat BRAVO! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow Sue, there is so much to love about this beautiful piece - I love the crackling, the wonderful colours and the very pretty flowers - it does just shout Spring! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sue this is truly a piece of art. Gosh I LOVE all what you did on this frame. The crackles both on the frame but also the stencil inlaid and leaves. Your flowers are awesome !!!!!!!! Adore your result so much.
    Thank you for a detailed step by step as well.
    Hugs from Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the crackled leaves! And the frame, and that background. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, that crackling is just divine!! And your stencilling is lush, this piece is brilliant, I'm adoring the colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sublime texture...awesome color, and love how you combined everything! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Sue! The textures and colours are gorgeous and brilliant idea to emboss the stick pins! Thanks for sharing all your wonderful techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful framed project Sue! love all the crackle and your flowers are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous, Sue - the crackled frame with those bubbles of texture, the wonderful crackled background in contrasting colours and then the fab embellishing... altogether an absolute stunner!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't believe I'm so far behind, adore the crackle you've created and it's greeny blue hues and the bubbles are definitely a bonus! Fabulous frame and you could wear those flowers as a corsage they are so perfect! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!