Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Crackle House !

Today we're kicking off the second week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge which is Snap, Crackle, Crackle and our host is the lovely Pamellia. Here is what Pamellia has to say:

I would like to see some cracks on your creations! You can use crackle paint, crackle paste, crackle glaze, crackle accents, an old cracked image, a piece of cracked UTEE, a cracked pattern from a stencil or stamp, you can even doodle on your crackle design! Anything goes, as long as is cracks me up!!
 


Now when I saw the word crackle I knew exactly what I wanted to use, the fabulous Wendy Vecchi Crackle Paste ! I bought a book of chipboard houses recently and rather than decorate the whole book I rather liked the idea of using each house individually. I painted the house with Little Black Dress Fresco Finish paint then tinted some Crackle Paste with Cornflower Blue Archival re-inker. I spread it over the whole house and then left it to dry.


 I then used Sky Blue and Cornflower Blue Archival ink over the surface of the crackle.


I then started to stencil using Hydrangea, Cornflower Blue and Watering Can Archival inks. Then I used Fern Green Archival ink and did some stamping using the Wendy Vecchi Lots of Leaves background stamp.


I used the flower from the Wendy Vecchi Discover Art stamp set and stamped it with black Archival ink and used the grasses stamp from the Art Comforts set. The flowers have been sprayed with watered down Fresco Finish paints and I've rubbed Fern Green Archival ink around the edge of the two canvas flowers.



The little frames are by Prima and I've painted them with Limelight and Hey Pesto Fresco Finish paint. The number is stencilled onto some card and stuck to the back of the frame. I painted some Golden acrylic paints below the key and before it dried I wiped it back with a baby wipe to create a rusty effect.


The lock and oval frame have also been painted with the same Fresco Finish paints and I've used the Golden paints again to create more rusty stains. The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi Art Comforts set.

The rest of the DT have created some fabulous projects so do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog.

13 comments:

  1. The stamping and stencilling over that fabulous crackle background are perfect Sue! Love the addition of the little frames too. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What can I say? It's just fabulous !

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing project Sue! I just love the whole house shape idea and the crackle background is perfect for an old house!! Wonderful idea to use frames for the windows!! Just love it! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Sue - I just love everything about this. Your crackle is like PERFECT - it looks so great as a background. The colors are luscious and your house... well... I would like in it - for sure! j.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous project Sue, love all the texture and awesome details.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is wonderful Sue, fabulous crackle and love that colour palette!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE your house, and how it stands alone and on the easel! Great crackle, and love the embellies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the blues and greens on this house, my fave colour combo. All the elements just enhance each other beautifully, I could look at this for ages :)
    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hmmm... well, this can't be the same as mine, as I don't have a chimney, but it looks awfully familiar! Absolutely love what you've done with it - the shabby chic look is so old French with all that amazing crackle and soft blues. Another beautiful piece of work, Sue.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So sorry that I haven't been around for weeks. Your house looks fantastic, fabulous colors and texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your blue crackled house Sue - and the wonderful green touches with the frames, boom and stampings! Julia xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those misty blues with the aged olive greens...and the crackle is just wonderful, this is an absolutely beautiful piece Sue. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!