Today I'm very honoured to be sharing a project that is also a Guest Designer project over at A Vintage Journey. When I saw the theme of Spring Colours this sent my mind in to a whirl as there are so many gorgeous colours associated with this season. That coupled with the beautiful Distress colours that have been released so far this year gave me a wide field to play in ! I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous Perspective stamp set so the project was centred around the beautiful butterfly that's part of this set.
I started with 2 pieces of grey board
that's already covered with white card. I then glued dictionary paper to
each piece and I always coat paper with glue to protect it from the
moisture from sprays or whatever I decide to throw at it ! While the
glue was still wet I spritzed both pieces with Shabby Shutters and Wild
Honey spray Distress Stains.
used the Eye Chart stencil and spread texture paste through and again,
while it was still wet spritzed with Peeled Paint spray Distress Stains.
I then dried it off and added some stamping using the numbers stamp
from the Perspective set with Watering Can Archival ink. I decided I
want to add some drippage so stood the panels up and sprayed them with
the wonder Abandoned Coral spray Distress Stain, spritzed it with water
and watched it run !
numbers stamp is fantastic for creating a master board that can be cut
up and used for different projects. I've used Fern Archival ink on the
below and then die cut a lattice using the Lattice die.
I stamped the
butterfly directly on to the board then stamped a second one on to some
card that I'd blended more Distress Ink over and did some Spritz and Flick too. The second butterfly was
cut out and positioned over the first so the antenna was in the right
I couldn't decide on the which flower to use initially so I sprayed them all with Spray Distress Stains and the Abandoned Coral flower won hands down ! The colour in real life is amazing !
used Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink over the lattice and kept one or two of the small pieces, which were actually like jigsaw pieces completing the image of the stamped numbers.
kept the negative from the die cut and used a piece of dictionary paper
behind it that I blended Distress Inks around. The sentiment is from
the same stamp set and is stamped onto white card that I've blended
Distress Inks over. I've added a couple of the Tim arrows and a flower
from the adronments Nature set.
covered the reverse of the panels with the beautiful Wall Flower paper,
it's so hard to cut this up ! O dabbed black acrylic paint around the edges to frame everything. The panels are held together with a hinge
that's glued in to place.
It was great to have Tim fix, I've not done this in ages ! Thanks to Brenda over at A Vintage Journey for inviting me to be Guest Designer today.
...bits and bobs
3 weeks ago