Friday, 22 May 2015

Spring Colours at A Vintage Journey

Today I'm very honoured to be sharing a project that is also a Guest Designer project over at A Vintage Journey. When I saw the theme of Spring Colours this sent my mind in to a whirl as there are so many gorgeous colours associated with this season. That coupled with the beautiful Distress colours that have been released so far this year gave me a wide field to play in ! I knew I wanted to use the gorgeous Perspective stamp set so the project was centred around the beautiful butterfly that's part of this set.


I started with 2 pieces of grey board that's already covered with white card. I then glued dictionary paper to each piece and I always coat paper with glue to protect it from the moisture from sprays or whatever I decide to throw at it ! While the glue was still wet I spritzed both pieces with Shabby Shutters and Wild Honey spray Distress Stains.


 I used the Eye Chart stencil and spread texture paste through and again, while it was still wet spritzed with Peeled Paint spray Distress Stains. I then dried it off and added some stamping using the numbers stamp from the Perspective set with Watering Can Archival ink. I decided I want to add some drippage so stood the panels up and sprayed them with the wonder Abandoned Coral spray Distress Stain, spritzed it with water and watched it run !


The numbers stamp is fantastic for creating a master board that can be cut up and used for different projects. I've used Fern Archival ink on the below and then die cut a lattice using the Lattice die.


I stamped the butterfly directly on to the board then stamped a second one on to some card that I'd blended more Distress Ink over and did some Spritz and Flick too. The second butterfly was cut out and positioned over the first so the antenna was in the right position.


I couldn't decide on the which flower to use initially so I sprayed them all with Spray Distress Stains and the Abandoned Coral flower won hands down ! The colour in real life is amazing ! 




I've used Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink over the lattice and kept one or two of the small pieces, which were actually like jigsaw pieces completing the image of the stamped numbers.



I kept the negative from the die cut and used a piece of dictionary paper behind it that I blended Distress Inks around. The sentiment is from the same stamp set and is stamped onto white card that I've blended Distress Inks over. I've added a couple of the Tim arrows and a flower from the adronments Nature set.


 I covered the reverse of the panels with the beautiful Wall Flower paper, it's so hard to cut this up ! O dabbed black acrylic paint around the edges to frame everything. The panels are held together with a hinge that's glued in to place.



It was great to have Tim fix, I've not done this in ages ! Thanks to Brenda over at A Vintage Journey for inviting me to be Guest Designer today.


10 comments:

  1. Absolutely brilliant Sue, what a superb project and such a great step by step!! Love how you used the numerical stamp as a master board and then created your embellishments with that. Love this big time and so glad you had fun with your Tim fix :o) Thanks for being our guest today at AVJ!

    ReplyDelete
  2. stunning work Sue - thanks for the inspiration - been wondering what to do for this challenge! Hugs rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS panels, with fabulous layers and colors! Your warm tones with the new inks are wonderful! Gorgeous Abandoned Coral flower too! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous inspiration Sue, love the numbers repeat stamping, such beautiful layered panels. Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your project is gorgeous Sue, with a great step by step too. The numbers masterboard looks amazing the way you used it. Thank you so much for being a fantastic Guest at AVJ! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little gem this is.... so full of yummy details I could just drool over!! So amazing and inspiring xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Sue, what a stunning project! I love your colours and the amazing way you used the lattice die, super creative! It's such a rich and decadent piece, stunning! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful Sue, love how you used the number stamp for a masterboard and then used both the positive and negative die cuts. Congratulations on your guest designer post at AVJ and for sharing this wonderful project with us all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. H Sue!! Such a lovely hinged creation for A Vintage Journey! Can you tell I'm enamored with your hinge :) :) Well, I'm enamored with your entire project, actually! Simply lovely!! XOXO-Shari

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!