Wednesday, 27 May 2015

What makes me happy ?

Today we're kicking off the second week of the challenge over at Frilly and Funkie and the lovely Georgie has picked the theme of Happy, Happy, HAPPY ! Here's what Georgie has to say:

So this is the theme :) This could be a project you love doing, a product you love using, or something that makes you so happy that it just gives you the inspiration to create something beautiful. It really is an anything goes kind of challenge, but remember to make sure you have fun!!

So, this got me thinking, what does make me happy ? Quite an easy one really, sitting in my craft room, Paolo Nutini playing in the background and new stash to play with !


I wanted to use the some of the new Distress Inks so grabbed Abandoned Coral, Mermaid Lagoon, Cracked Pistachio and Fossilized Amber and blended them over a piece of chipboard covered with white card.


I then used the Tim Holtz Flouirish stencil with Regular Gel Medium and then sprayed it using the Lindy's Stamp Gang Industrial Chic sprays. I wanted some visible drips so added some drops of India ink and spritzed it with water and let it run. I then rubbed some Treasure Gold over some of the raised areas of the flourishes.



I blended Cracked Pistachio Distress Ink over some white card and die cut leaves using the Tim Holtz Spring Greenery die. The flowers are from the Tim Holtz Flower Garden and I've painted them using Distress Markers and then cut out.


I wanted the embellishments to have a rusty look so I painted them black, then dabbed on some blue and green paint then more black. I then sprayed them with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and let it dry in puddles.


I then assembled all the pieces on the board and spritzed everything again with Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays.



The fabric across the bottom is a scrap piece of canvas and I used the teal Lindy's Stamp Gang spray to colour it.



As the flowers were painted with Distress Markers the colour has reacted to the spraying and given them a shabby look.


I brushed a little Luminarte Glaze over the metal embellishments to add a touch of colour.


The sentiment is from the Wendy Vecchi All Occasion Art stamp set and I've distressed a piece of copper metal and then stamped it with black Archival ink.


The clock and the gorgeous filigree embellishment are both sold in the Funkie Junkie Boutique and they've had the same treatment as the rest of the embellishments.

I had a great afternoon in my craft room, I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and have some fun too ! Make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog to check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.


15 comments:

  1. WOW! And now I'm happy seeing this Sue. Love the way those Lindy's sprays have transformed every element on this canvas. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Sue I absolutely LOVE this (a new favourite for sure..) From the stunning background (great idea to stencil with just gel medium), to the wonderful treatment of the flowers and greenery, and the stunning lay out of this piece. The way the metal pieces have turned out looks brilliant too! The copper sentiment piece just finishes it off to perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous combination of the shabby, beautifully coloured flowers and the 'Sue' treated metal embellishments, they set each off perfectly!! Mind you the background is piece of art on its own, just adore it. Inspiring work as always! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so very beautiful sue. what a wonderful sight for my eyes this morning! thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous Sue!! That background is stunning, love the flourish and all the drips! Your flowers are amazing, love how you tucked parts under the leaves creating such a fabulous 3D garden! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously sensational, Sue! Your background is drool-worthy - love the texture and the colors are so fantastic. The way you have altered the metals is incredible! Wow, makes me want to run and play too :) Such a fabulous project - TFS!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich, lush and stunning Sue. Your background is wonderful - the colors are just intriguing together. Your textures and flowers are all perfect. I especially love the piece of canvas at the bottom for some reason! It's just beautiful. j.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Wow! You had me at the gorgeous background, and it just gets better from there! Your technique on the metal embellishments is terrific! Thanks for sharing so many photos. It's always great to see how the details come together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I knew your Happy would have something to do with getting your fingers dirty and you didn't disappoint. Love your background and the way you transformed all the metal embellishments. The flowers are a gorgeous pop of colour.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous and fabulous texture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely stunning Sue :-) Love the wonderful colours and floral details. Love what you have done to the metal elements and that gorgeous clock.

    A very Happy make.

    TFS and best wishes
    Annie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful piece of art - amazing details.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing Sue!! Sorry I'm so late getting round, hectic week!! I love the colours you chose and getting messy is heaps of fun, wish I could have been a fly on the wall during this creation :)

    Hugs
    Georgie xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Sue, that is stunning! Beautiful colours and textures and love the way you've aged all the metal pieces. Thanks for sharing and also for the introduction to Paolo Nutini, he is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!