Wednesday, 10 June 2015

Monochromatic at Frilly and Funkie !

We're kicking off the second week of the Frilly and Funkie challenge today. The lovely Cec is our host and here is what she has to say:

This one is called Monochromatic and I want to see a shabby chic and vintage project that uses basically one colour and its various hues and tones - a little white or cream can be added but unless that is the main colour, it needs to be just an accent.



I took the opportunity to make a father's day card as it's fast approaching here in the UK. I started by brayering some white card with various colours of acrylic paint. I stamped the numbers from the Tim Holtz Merchantile stamp set using Potting Soil Archival ink. I then used a Wendy Vecchi stencil with Embossing Paste on the vertical panel. When it was dry I blended more acrylic paint over the top using a baby wipe.


I stamped the main image then used the stamp itself to draw around it on to a Post It Note. I then masked off the image and stamped the text stamp from the same Tim Holtz set using Potting Soil Archival ink.



I die cut the ink pot, pen nibs and quill using the Tim Holtz die. I then dabbed Wendy Vecchi Embossing Paste using my finger onto the ink pot and pen nibs. When it was dry I sprayed it with Distress Stains, Antique Linen and Tea Dye. I die cut the corner pieces using the Tim Holtz Mixed Media Thinlits from the Kraft Resist Tim Holtz paper stack. The word is stamped with Potting Soil Archival ink and attached to the ink pot with a Tim Holtz star brad.

I hope you get chance to join us for this challenge and do make sure you hop over to the Frilly and Funkie blog and check out the rest of the DT's fabulous projects.



11 comments:

  1. Quite simply AWESOME!!! LOVE each of the layers and the treatment you've given them. Fantastic to see you on Sunday too with Ruth and Sharon. Bet the demos went brilliantly. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful masculine card Sue. All the neutrals work so perfectly with the stamps and elements you chose. Fabulous make! hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous masculine card, one of my favourites from your designs.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card for a male Sue. Love all the layers and texture.

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM!!! A new favorite! LOVE the quill...never looked better! GORGEOUS completely! PINNING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always manage to wow me, Sue. This is just fantastic - the layers and textures are amazing. I love the vintage hues that you used. Your main image looks great with the script stamp around it - wonderful masking! You totally hit it out of the ball park with your wonderful monochromatic piece!

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sue this is incredible, I love the vintage colours and the layering. You really nail the 'Tim' style xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Sue, I cannot tell yo how much I enjoyed seeing the steps you took to create this wonderful masculine card. You really rocked the monochromatic theme using my favorite grungy look! Love the masking you did, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Sue, so many gorgeous layers and such depth of colour in your lovely monochromatic colour scheme! Any Dad would be so happy to receive this beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a perfect Father's Day card. I love the texture you created with all the layers and personally I would say this is classic Sue style.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply glorious vintage card, loving all those wonderful layers. Such a treat! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Due to the amount of stupid spam comments I am receiving I have had to switch moderation on.
Thanks for leaving a comment, I truly love reading them all!